Author Topic: Can you help me find the parents of Adam Bartley  (Read 1563 times)

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Can you help me find the parents of Adam Bartley
« on: Sunday 07 October 07 15:57 BST (UK) »
I have an Adam Bartley All census are consistant in his birth being abt 1812 but place of birth is difficult to determine

Adam married  Mary fereday  14 Nov 1836 Tipton Staffordshire

children
Julia  1839
Louisa  1844
Enoch 1849
Eliza   1851
Priscilla  1857
George  1860

1851 has Adam and mary down as Bartlett  and Adams place of birth is Wedlook Salop but I suspect this is meant to be Wenlock

1861 he is down as Edwin Bartley  and place of birth is just Salop

1871  correct name  adam Bartley place of birth Brosely Shropshire

1881 again correct name  place of birth  Oldbury

adam died in 1887

any help please would be much appreciated

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Can you help me find the parents of Adam Bartley
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 October 07 16:06 BST (UK) »
Hi,
      do you know who submitted this entry on the IGI?
Adam Bartley born Shropshire 1817,married Mary Sheridan 1838 in Tipton!!
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 October 07 16:10 BST (UK) »
Ive just found the 1836 Tipton marriage between Mary Fariday and Adam Barlley.
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 October 07 16:37 BST (UK) »
no idea about the IGI one it did throw me somewhat but I sent for the daughter loiuisas birth certificate and the mothers name is definately Fereday

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 October 07 18:08 BST (UK) »

The 1836 entry found in the IGI is an extracted record from Bishop's transcripts for Tipton, 1672-1837  Church of England. Parish Church of Tipton (Staffordshire).

It would seem that these can be viewed on microfilm at Gloucester library, but no parents names will be recorded :'(

As Adam was born in Shropshire in approx 1816, you could check out the parish registers at the Shropshire Archives to see if you can find a baptism.
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline bartleyclan

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 June 13 11:56 BST (UK) »
Adam Bartley born Shropshire . cir. 1812  There is a George Hammond Bartley born 1809  Astley Abbotts son of William and Mary Bartley who is also in Tipton on the 1841/1851 census who married a Nancy Atwell Whitehouse in Dudley -- William and Mary had children  in Astley Abbotts  --1804 William who is also in Tipton area married Phoebe --1807 mary Ann  may of married John Blewitt  in  dudley  1827  1809 George hammond Bartley ---1812 Abraham im wondering if Adam change his name from Abraham  Im also wondering if the William and Mary Bartley in Astley Abbotts are the William and mary Traunter who had children in Sedgley  George 1794 and John 1796 . There is a William Bartley son of George and Elizabeth Bartley born 1769 in Astley Abbotts which ties  in with a death of William Bartley 1769 - 1836 in Tipton/Sedgley also on the 1841 census is a Mary Bartley in Tipton   age  65 years who dies 1842 age 72 years given at death  on the death cert present at death is a Ann Maria Blewitt who is a granddaughter  This is all theory at the moment as i cant find any facts to tie them together