Author Topic: carson /Kelly  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Candybar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: carson /Kelly
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 19 September 15 14:29 BST (UK) »
the age thing is possible a mistake,and i may have been barking up the wrong close,pardon the pun...:)but it seems to fit.she died in the sixtys,I will try to find her death certificate when I get to Scotland.....thank you for you time,sorry about all your credits I know how fast they can go,I think you may have solved my mystery..thanks again...John Connolly.....Annies auld Grandson...

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 19 September 15 14:38 BST (UK) »
John, my pleasure (my credits are mine to use when I get interested on something - so don't worry about that please  ;)). We like puzzles... You are not in Scotland, I can see. Makes things so much harder to research particularly with common surnames.

I do think we now have your Annie's birth. We/you could try to find her 1911 census entry and death cert. All just help confirm details further.

Guessing you have all the details on her family, James father and mother Teresa and their ancestors?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 19 September 15 14:49 BST (UK) »
John, hate loose ends me  :-\

Thank goodness that Annie's middle name of McManus was used on her death reg in 1964 at the age of 67. Happy now me...you too should feel you have main key details now  ;)

Offline Candybar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 19 September 15 14:55 BST (UK) »
Who needs Davina...you are a gem I thank you and if we ever meet I will buy you dinner,the wife will pay she is fed up listening to me.....thank you thank you thank you.  John Connolly

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 19 September 15 15:40 BST (UK) »
John...your wife won't pay please...you will for sure  8)...and your wife will smile and be happy  ;D

Monica  ;)

Offline Candybar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 19:32 BST (UK) »

Still searching the Annie McManus Kelly,her mother was Theresa Kelly nee Carson,she had one child with James Kelly ( Annie McManus Kelly )he was born 1932,but Theresa had four daughters and one son,with another James Kelly born around 1850,it appears my great granny was married twice ???

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 31 May 17 09:01 BST (UK) »
According to her wedding certificate in 1920 she was 21 years old that would make her birth year 1899,???
Not necessarily. Suppose someone was born on 1 October 1880 and got married on 1 April 1885. They would not have had their birthday yet in 1885, so would still be only 24, not 25.

Also don't forget that many people didn't really know exactly when they were born, or couldn't work out correctly how old they were.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.