Author Topic: Robert Lawes  (Read 16781 times)

Offline Ebba

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Lawes
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Oh, him...I knew he did a lot of stuff but hadn't heard about Fiji.
Yes Trevor is a Lawes descendant. Start with the generation of your grandfather George - one of his sisters is Beryl Julia Lawes (1905-1957). She married Percy Steadman and Trevor is his son.
Ebba
Isaacs in London and Bristol; Bishop in Somerset;
Cleave in Devon; Young, Lovell, Hutton & Fenner in Bristol; Lawes & Elliot in Durham and South Wales;
Mortifee/Mortify/Martifee/Martify plus variations, anywhere

Offline symond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Dear Ebba,

I'm delighted to learn about my ancestors, too. Since my father and his sister died when I was quite young, I've had to rely on my mother's memories and and recently started my research into genealogy. That's how I found my father's four siblings, Alfred E., after your husband's greatgrandfather I suppose, Herbert E., Reginald F. and Elinor Margaret.

As for their offspring, the only cousins I know of are Alfred's sons, by their nicknames: Micky Lawes, who lives in Paraguay, and Teddy Lawes, in Sidney, Australia.

I'll try to get more information from them and send it to you as soon as possible.

Regarding the statue, I've never heard anything about it but there might have been one either in Sapucay, Paraguay, where my father was born, or in Brazil, where he died. Grandpa George was quite an important guy there.

Kindest regards,
Pat
I wish I knew
This a few weeks ago,
I was in brazil and then last week buenos Aires, my wife is Argentinian :)

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Symond
It has been a while since I have been on here and recall we communicated on Ray Liversuch.  Are you aware his story is on line.  http://www.liversuch.ca/raypage.html.  I came across it by googling his name.  Its a brilliant account of Ray and other family members.
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk