Author Topic: Wallace of Ecclefechan  (Read 22521 times)

Offline shetlandlover

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wallace of Ecclefechan
« Reply #36 on: Friday 09 December 16 04:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
The above tree line is my family and also the Tree line QueenofToast has supplied,I have Samuel as my Great great great  grandfather he was married to Anne Wiseheart, in QueenofToasts tree (my tree) there is a John, but I have no idea if it is the John you are seeking, However if you have the dates, the  www.ScotlandsPeople.gov.uk  is a fantastic place to get certificates from.
Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks, magsx1.

The 1851 Census Dumfriesshire, Hoddom, Ecclefechan.

Name   Other Name   Relationship   Condition   Age   Sex   Occupation   Birthplace       1841   1861   Spouse   Notes
John Wallace       Head   Married   25   M   Cotton Handloom Weaver   Dumfries, Annan                
Janet Wallace       Wife   Married   21   F       Dumfries, Hoddom                
Robert Wallace       Son       1 mo   M       Dumfries, Hoddom       Not Alive

The dates for John and Janet fit with the birthdates of the Carlisle John and Jane, circa 1827 and 1831, and with the Samuel b. circa 1857. The remaining children of John and Jane were born in Carlisle.

It is the Carlisle family that I am interested in as Mary Wallace married James Parker, my G. Grandfather. I have the m certificate of Mary and James, m 1884, but English m certs only give father's names. Mary's father is John Wallace, General Labourer (deceased).

If anyone has information on these Carlisle Wallaces, I'd be interested, particularly if their birthplace in Scotland can be confirmed. I'm quite familiar with Scotland's People, so I'll see if I can come at it from another angle.

Hi this might be a very dead thread, my granddad has been looking into this line as James Parker is his grandfather.

I was very stuck with the Mary Wallace side but hopefully after viewing this thread I might be able to find her a bit easier. (seemingly found one that died age 19...not sure how I ended up there)

Offline farrochie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 10 August 18 20:10 BST (UK) »
Anyone still researching this Wallace thread? I think I have gone as far as I can with the Wallace family after their move to Carlisle.

Offline shetlandlover

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 11 August 18 12:46 BST (UK) »
It won't let me Pm you back for some reason.

I'd love to know how far back on the Parker side you've gotten, my grandfather is getting on now (mid 80's) and he's really wanted to trace his family back. James Parker is my grandads, grandad.

I'm still no further on in the Wallace family search, stuck on Mary Wallace.

My grandad had said that a fire destroyed some records at the registry office many years ago but I'm not sure if that's true or rumour.

Offline farrochie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 11 August 18 15:38 BST (UK) »
Shetlandlover.

To make it easier to communicate, you can contact me by e-mail. My e-mail address is:

parkerjg at hotmail.co.uk

I won't post the @ as I don't like posting my full e-mail on sites like this.

Via e-mail, I will invite you as a "guest" to view my family tree on Ancestry.com. You can then register and see the ancestors and descendants of James Parker. James Parker's father was John Parker, of whom I have few details.

My own name is James Parker.

Regards,

Jim