Author Topic: Philip LANNING & Clarissa ? m 1833ish?  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Anne-Marie

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Philip LANNING & Clarissa ? m 1833ish?
« on: Sunday 14 October 07 21:27 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access to see if there is a wedding between Philip Lanning b 1804 and a Clarissa (?)., in the Bath area.   I am hoping that she is Clarissa Beeho.  I have found them on 1841, 1851 etc census and they were both born Bath and on/in the census are at Lyncombe and Windcome, Bath, Somerset.  Going by the age of children I would suggest they married about 1832/1833.

I would be grateful for any help - even negative to close down a line of enquiry!!

Thank you for any help

Anne-Marie
Beeho Beho Beehoo Beho Beeko Becho Beecho and any other version!!Anywhere!
Also Dainton Somerset, Richardson Brighton/Portugal
Blackshield Essex/London

Offline SueTeakle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Philip Lanning & Clarissa ? m 1833ish?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 October 07 21:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne-Marie,

There are only two Philip Lanning/Laning`s listed, one is in 1794 and this one in 1824:-

Philip Lanning (otp) & Clara Hipsley (otp) - 11th October 1824 at Bath St James by Banns

Sue
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Anne-Marie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 October 07 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue

Thank you so much for your v v v prompt reply.  Looks like its not my Clarissa but hey thats fine I'll just have to keep looking!

Anne-Marie
Blackshield Essex/London

Offline SueTeakle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 October 07 22:15 BST (UK) »
You`re welcome Anne-Marie  :)  Sorry but I can`t find anything for a Clarissa Beeho  :(

Sue
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Anne-Marie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Philip LANNING & Clarissa ? m 1833ish?
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 October 07 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan

Thanks for looking.  The Beeho's are v elusive.  I know Clarissa Beeho and her brother William Augustus Beeho were baptised at Keynsham in 1804 children of George Beeho and his wife Ann, who married in London. I suspect they also had a daughter Caroline Matilda b 1800 and a son James b 1795.  George then enlisted in 1812 at Bristol (Connaught Rangers) and I know William Augustus travelled with him but Ann and daughter Clarissa have never been found since -well by me anyway :)   

I'll just have to keep hunting.

Anne-Marie
Blackshield Essex/London

Offline queensbridge

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 31 October 07 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Anne Marie,

I am researching the Beeho family.  Augustus married Harriet Mathews firstly and secondly Elisabeth Cripps.  It would seem he left his first wife Harriet when he started an affair with Elisabeth in Brighton (30 years younger).  Their first child Linda was registered as Linda Beeho and the second in 1861 as William Augustus Beeho Cripps. Obviously the situation was difficult and they then went to Jersey for a few years before returning to Bath and marriage in 1869.  Would this be after Harriet had died?  It looks a bit suspicious!

I was intending to purchase his discharge certificate from the guards if you think it worthwhile.

In 1876 he appears in the Post Office Directory of Bath as a Professor of Music.

I haven't purchased the divorce details of Sarah Jane Stock who divorced William Augustus Beeho (Cripps).  Do you know the details.  Their son Augustus William was brought up by her mother in Bath while she remained 'UP North'
Was it him who joined the Scots Guards and married Amy Shelley in Wandsworth?

I live in Taunton and the Bath records are there.  I could look up the Clarissa and Philip Lanning records at Widcombe.  The marriage certificate may shed some light on her origins.

John

Offline No osborn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 June 17 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm not sure if you will get my message. I randomly found this thread. My grandmother was lily beeho and her mother was amy shelley. They lived in Battersea. William was my great grandfather.
 My name is jo osborn.. I would love to find any other relatives!

Regards jo

Offline Sarla

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 26 June 17 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo,

My great grandfather was William Augustus Beeho (born 1883 in Sunderland and husband of Lily Dainton), his parents split up soon after his birth (she divorced him later for cruelty and adultery) and his father (also William Augustus) ended up in South Africa and started a new family with Margaret Cornelia Pearce (according to the divorce petition). His son (William Augustus) married Amy Shelley which, I believe, makes your great grandfather and mine half brothers. I'd be really interested to find out anything you know about your great grandfather's father - what he did in South Africa, when and where he died, other children etc.