Author Topic: PROGRESS REPORT  (Read 656 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
PROGRESS REPORT
« on: Friday 24 December 04 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
Well as the old years bows out I have been taking stock of the amazing progress of my tree this year and thanks to ROOTSCHAT it has grown loads of new branches ,OK some brick walls still stand and I look forward to the coming year with the hope of breaking them down .This site has been of great help to me and without the help of the amazing folk on this site I douhgt if I would of progressed as far, indeed at one piont I was thinking of packing it in , so to you all I say many thanks and I look forward to the continued suscess of this great site I wonder how many of you out there have enjoyed the frienship on hear as much as I have good luck to you all in the coming year and MERRY XMAS
audrey

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: PROGRESS REPORT
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 December 04 10:35 GMT (UK) »

And as they say in the commons time after time:

HERE  HERE

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline suttontrust

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 December 04 11:42 GMT (UK) »
I just want to echo all that.  Before Rootschat I was using a well-known site's genealogy group message board.  I got some great help there, but also fell foul of the nutters (sorry, no other word for it) who gloried in being as rude as possible and even resorted to the most malicious private emails.  What a relief to find on Rootschat a tolerance of complete ignorance and a willingness to use one's own resources to help others.  It's been my find of the year and has provided me with information I would never have got.  Thanks.
Godden in East Sussex, mainly Hastings area.
Richards in Lea, Gloucestershire, then London.
Williamson in Leith, Vickers in Nottingham.
Webb in Bildeston and Colchester.
Wesbroom in Kirby le Soken.
Ellington in Harwich.
Park, Palmer, Segar and Peartree in Kersey.

Offline English Jen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 December 04 14:43 GMT (UK) »
That's also what I find great about this site ... it doesn't matter if you've been researching for 30 days or 30 years everybody is still treated with the same respect and tolerance.

This site is definitely the best thing that's happened to me this year!!!!!

Merry Christmas.

;D
Letley, Kent/Anywhere ... Attempting a One Name Study.
Dunn, Yorkshire/Kent,
Garrett, Kent
Petyt, Yorkshre/Kent
Sheehan, Ireland/Kent
Summersett, Kent
Webb, Kent

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 December 04 15:16 GMT (UK) »
RootsChat has been a source of information, assistance, inspiration and entertainment for me and I would like to echo others in their praise of this wonderful site.

Many, many thanks to Trystan and Sarah for 'hosting' and to everyone else for their input in whatever way.   Long may it continue.

Jill
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 December 04 15:51 GMT (UK) »
I agree with what has been better said by others.

The most important thing for me has been - despite being quite new to genealogy, and my occasional daft questions - I have always been treated well and pleasantly by everyone and many have gone out of their way to help and inform to assist me with my research.  These things make this site a useful, interesting, pleasant and sometimes very amusing place to be.  Great stuff!

Thanks and best wishes to fellow members, not forgetting the caretakers/administrators who do so well at keeping the site in good order.

Thanks and Regards
Jonathan
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk