Author Topic: WOOSNAM William: Death Certificate  (Read 9261 times)

Offline Old Mother Reilly

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
WOOSNAM William: Death Certificate
« on: Thursday 18 October 07 11:32 BST (UK) »
I have a copy death certificate for William Woosnam of Llandinam, dated 2 January 1840 which does not relate to the line of Woosnams I am looking for.

Please pm me if this certificate is of interest to you.

The Woosnams I am researching are brothers Thomas and John who came from Trefeglwys and went to Wigan, Lancashire.  They were sons of a William Woosnam who married Sarah Chelmick in Shrewsbury and then lived in/returned to Trefeglwys to farm.

Rachel
Stevens (Devizes, Calne, Wootton Bassett): Hunt (Milford/Lymington, Calne): Moore/Rudland (Ipswich): Whitlock (Pitton & Farley): Hayter (Whiteparish)

O'Reilly (Sheffield, Flint, L'pool, Co. Longford): Foxton (Sheffield, Northallerton, Thirsk): Spragg (St. Teath, Delabole, Pengelly): Stabb (Berry Pomeroy)

Gore (Newbury, Wigan): Hawkins (Gt Bedwyn/Hungerford): Massey/Wallis (Shalbourne): Mildenhall (Ogbourne): Smith/Lilley (Nhants): Wernham (Chieveley): Woosnam (Mont./Salop): Yaldwyn (Blackdown)

Offline Catherine Hughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WOOSNAM William: Death Certificate
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 22:41 BST (UK) »
I have a birth certificate for Sarah Chelmick Gore, daughter of James Gore and Sarah Elizabeth Gore (nee Woosnam), born 25 Jan 1883 in Standish. She must be a descendant of your William Woosnam. Can you tell me where she fits into your family.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 June 14 00:48 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.What is the significance of the Gore family in your Tree?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 June 14 11:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Catherine and welcome to Rootschat  :)

May I suggest you have a look at this website:

http://www.davidgore.co.uk/index.php

which charts the descendants of William Gore (1793-1865).

You should be able to find where Sarah Chelmick Gore fits in to her wider family - just search for her from the home page. 

Sarah was sister to my gt-grandfather, Thomas Woosnam Gore.

Which branch are you researching?

Regards

Rachel
Stevens (Devizes, Calne, Wootton Bassett): Hunt (Milford/Lymington, Calne): Moore/Rudland (Ipswich): Whitlock (Pitton & Farley): Hayter (Whiteparish)

O'Reilly (Sheffield, Flint, L'pool, Co. Longford): Foxton (Sheffield, Northallerton, Thirsk): Spragg (St. Teath, Delabole, Pengelly): Stabb (Berry Pomeroy)

Gore (Newbury, Wigan): Hawkins (Gt Bedwyn/Hungerford): Massey/Wallis (Shalbourne): Mildenhall (Ogbourne): Smith/Lilley (Nhants): Wernham (Chieveley): Woosnam (Mont./Salop): Yaldwyn (Blackdown)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 June 14 13:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Catherine and welcome to Rootschat  :)

May I suggest you have a look at this website:

http://www.davidgore.co.uk/index.php

which charts the descendants of William Gore (1793-1865).

You should be able to find where Sarah Chelmick Gore fits in to her wider family - just search for her from the home page. 

Sarah was sister to my gt-grandfather, Thomas Woosnam Gore.

Which branch are you researching?

Regards

Rachel

I have also taken the trouble of looking at your Website.I note the fact that you have not got further info on all Gore individuals you have?I'm looking at a James Gore who you have as born in 1837 and looking at your Tree the son of Robert Gore and Ann Dawber.He married my relative Sarah Conway at St James Toxteth in 1862.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 June 14 16:40 BST (UK) »
Hello William:

I'm afraid I have no information on that branch of the family as I have only researched my own line.  May I suggest you contact the owner of the site, David Gore, via the link on the home page?  Perhaps he could be of some assistance and I'm sure he would be pleased to have more Gore information, if you have any you would like to add.

Regards

Rachel

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 25 June 14 23:15 BST (UK) »
Hello William:

I'm afraid I have no information on that branch of the family as I have only researched my own line.  May I suggest you contact the owner of the site, David Gore, via the link on the home page?  Perhaps he could be of some assistance and I'm sure he would be pleased to have more Gore information, if you have any you would like to add.

Regards

Rachel

Thanks Rachel,i was under the mistaken impression the Website was yours!i will contact David.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 June 14 17:48 BST (UK) »
"i was under the mistaken impression the Website was yours!"

If only I were that organised, William!  I'm a paper and file person - the thought of transferring all that to a website fills me with dread  :-[ ;D

Rachel

Offline Catherine Hughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 30 June 14 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Rachel,
I am doing a Chelmick one-name study. I have checked David Gore's tree, as you suggested.
This shows Sarah Chelmick Gore to be a great-granddaughter of William Woosnam and Sarah Chelmick.