Author Topic: George and Rose Anna Truan Wellinton Ohio  (Read 903 times)

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
George and Rose Anna Truan Wellinton Ohio
« on: Thursday 18 October 07 16:22 BST (UK) »
After having so much help regarding George Truan the elder,I looked through the various census and manifests and found as well as having a daughter;Roseline he had a son named George.

George age 35,the younger emigrated on Nov 16th 1912 with his wife Rose Anna age 30,and sons Eustace age 5 and Leonard 3 months.

George was blind and in 1891 and 1901 was in a school for the blind in England and on the ship's manifest his occupation was given as musician. Their destination was Wellington, Ohio, which is where his father George was living. There was a stamp:deported, as well.

On Ancestry there are two immigration entries for them

Any other information that can be found will be appreciated.

Offline DeniseTruan

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George and Rose Anna Truan Wellinton Ohio
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 April 18 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi there, are you still looking for info regarding Eustace and Leonard? I am the great-grandaughter of Eustace George.  :)

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: George and Rose Anna Truan Wellinton Ohio
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 April 18 11:27 BST (UK) »
Eleven years ago that message was left and I had forgotten about it,having moved on to other trees.
Nice to 'meet you'.
I have found quite a bit since that time but would like to now more.
The information I have is that George Henry Truan had a daughter by  his first marriage and she was called Adeline Sylvia Truan.
Sylvia emigrated to the US and was to meet her father and family when they emigrated from the UK but he was deported. I presume that they didn't want somebody blind entering the country?
Adeline disappears from view not to be seen again.
I found newspaper reports about Eustace George  and his family but not much else.
Their grandfather George Frederick died in Ohio.