Author Topic: Catherine LACON from Broseley  (Read 2664 times)

Offline jadedoz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Catherine LACON from Broseley
« on: Monday 22 October 07 11:48 BST (UK) »
I have been strugling for ages trying to find the parents of my GGGGG Grandmother Catherine Lacon. I know she married John Beard in 1770 at St Leonards, Broseley. She was born in about 1748 in Broseley. If anyone has any clue to who her parents were I would appreciate it.

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine LACON from Broseley
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 October 07 12:38 BST (UK) »
This is the only one showing on the IGI but it may not be yours as area is wrong.  :-\

Catherin LAYCON ch. 20.1.1746 St. Andrews, Norfolk.

Father John  Mother Mary.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline bristolloggerheads

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 October 07 17:58 BST (UK) »
"Sir Francis Lacon, the eldest son, succeeded to the manors of Willey and Kinlet, of which the former was sold by him to Sir John Weld sometime between the years 1612 and 1623. His granddaughter, Catherine Lacon, carried his remaining estates, greatly dismembered (for he sold largely, and his son Rowland suffered much in the service of Charles I.), in marriage to Sir William Childe, Knight, Doctor of Laws, and Master in Chancery, from whom the present Squire of Kinlet is descended"

From: 'The parish of Church Eaton: Little Onn', Staffordshire Historical Collections, vol. 4 (1883), pp. 64-102. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=52410. Date accessed: 22 October 2007.

A bit too early for yours but possibly some relation?
Peter
Syner alias Taylor from Broseley and Benthall

Offline bristolloggerheads

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 October 07 18:00 BST (UK) »
A Walter Lacon of Benthall died in 1749 - documents at Hereford.
Syner alias Taylor from Broseley and Benthall

Offline jackfieldlass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 31 July 15 19:23 BST (UK) »
I am researching the Beards as I have several links on my family tree.
There was mention of a Lacon Beards Diary that mentioned a house that the Beards had occupied for over 200 hundred years at Jackfield Shropshire,unfortunatley the local museums do not have a copy of it,the house was sold to Lord Forester of Willy and he had it demolished.
The Beards had Pubs and Inns at Jackfield and were well known barge owners .