Author Topic: James Tuxworth bc 1834  (Read 21481 times)

Offline HistoryKaye

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Tuxworth bc 1834
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 23 February 08 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Jacky: I agree - an amazing database - lots of janneys!

I have a tuxworth somewhere in my tree too - Prudence who married miles jacklin

Offline alunno-a

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 09 March 10 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Everyone!!!

I know this is a ridiculously old thread now, and I apologize for the resurrection, if it is not board etiquette. BUT, I wanted to thank all the wonderful people on here who have helped, and update... great help does not go in vain!!

I looked at James Johnson on 1841 Louth census, with a Charles and Mary, who had apparently married in Legbourn, and it all fitted wonderfully. Then I had a wobbley!!!!! I found James Johnson on  the subsequent censae and it wasn't my James Tuxworth.

BUT-- it was still getting at me, especially as my James Tuxworth called his penultimate son David, and claimed his own birth in both Legbourn and Louth. ( and I found him aquitted in Criminal registers as Tuxworth) Then I discovered there were 2 James Johnsons b c 1834 in Louth on the census, and the one I had followed was not the son of a Charles. So, I did a "tree" for all these Johnsons, and followed the sons to London, which was interesting....as my James ended up in the East End too.

The breakthrough came when I discovered the baptism for David Tuxworth, the son of James and Julia Tuxworth... he was baptised as David Johnson!!!!!! at Bow, London, the same address, exactly, as my great Grandmother Adeliza Tuxworth. Conclusive me thinks??

Also, David Johnson, prospective half-brother of my James Tuxworth, married at Grimsby while my James was living there- I bought his marriage cert and discovered a witness was a James Tuxforth-- OK ,,, not Tuxworth, but my James is in a census as James Tuxforth, and was, at the time illiterate.

So, I have my great grandfather as bastard son of Mary Tuxworth, later wife of Charles Johnson, Bearhouse Keeper, ~Louth.  Any clues on Mary??????

Well, I am happy with it anyway!-- Would love any comments from you all if you think I am totally wrong!- but if not , again, thank-you all for your brilliant help!!

Rootschat fan, although I was already.

Sally
WRY- Thompson,Cowburn,Walker, Glossop,
London- Chesney/Chesnut
all areas- Tuxworth
Lincs/ Notts- Graves, White, Wilson,Pedge,Tuxford, Bonner
Devon- Dean, Crode (also NFL) Coode, Tucker, Miles ( origin Hampshire)
Beds/Herts/ Northants- Newberry, Shepherd, Norton, Blackabey
Kent- Munn, Moore

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 09 March 10 21:44 GMT (UK) »
So, I have my great grandfather as bastard son of Mary Tuxworth, later wife of Charles Johnson, Bearhouse Keeper, ~Louth. 

Much beer in Louth but very few bears ;)
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline alunno-a

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Woops!!
I spell checked that too!!!
London- Chesney/Chesnut
all areas- Tuxworth
Kent- Munn, Moore

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 11:03 GMT (UK) »
I've a distant Tuxworth sideline coming forward in the Louth area from the early 1600s.  I've not done that much on it further forward but I have been through some of the surrounding parishes to Louth.  I'll have a look and see if I've got anything on your Mary. 

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline alunno-a

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Very Kind, thank-you.
According to the census, my Mary Tuxworth was b c 1814 at Ashby, or West Ashby. She possibly was a sister therefor to an Elizabeth that married a Henry Crowson?? Maybe a daughter of an Elizabeth and William Tuxworth, although there seem to be a few couples of that name.
Very complicated these Tuxworths! So, any help VERY gratefully received.
Sally
London- Chesney/Chesnut
all areas- Tuxworth
Kent- Munn, Moore

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sally

They are complicated, it cost me several Wills and a Marriage Licence to confirm which Robert Tuxworth married Dorothy Patchett in 1679 in Lincoln.  His mother is the sister of one of my ancestors but you only find out who she is if you come forward from her side since the marriage is missing!  Unfortunately a lot of the research on that Tuxworth line on the web seems a bit suspect so I've been reluctant to let others know her maiden name until I've confirmed their research is correct otherwise they'll be attaching themselves to my line even if its incorrect ::)

I'll see what I have and let you know.  At some point the intention is to come forward on the Tuxworths anyway.

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 23 April 10 02:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, please, can you help me? Iam in need o Anything that will help me with my mass confusion, re;  Greaves/Graves...possible names.. Euphemia[phebe] graves. she [may have married  Martin?? the same line here shows SUSAN or Susannah Kennet, b, 1725, she supposedly married Walter Jenkins,from Monmouthshire, Wales u k . Also Somewhere amongst this line is the Covington, surname too.I have been searching from wales, -usa- to canada- back toENGLAND uk -over n over again trying to fit this jigsaw puzzle ... If you have the same names as I do please help?I am of the ALLEN/JENKINS line..  all of where the above names are supposedly linked  from back history to nearer 1800/1900'right from- to Elizabeth Allen' Born in Thornbury Bristol, 1765. My next task, is to 'still try to find the' mother? of Elizabeth Allen', her possible father was William a builder of Aylsbury glos possibly a qauker, not certain yet thogh. ,I got very lost here re; Elizabeth Allen' mother, where is she.. i wonder.....  thank you for taking the time to read this.  best wishes from a rather lost soul on this subject! smiles from Diane.  ???

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 23 April 10 04:41 BST (UK) »
Woops!!
I spell checked that too!!!
Hi, please, can you help me? Iam in need o Anything that will help me with my mass confusion, re;  Greaves/Graves...possible names.. Euphemia[phebe] graves. she [may have married  Martin?? the same line here shows SUSAN or Susannah Kennet, b, 1725, she supposedly married Walter Jenkins,from Monmouthshire, Wales u k . Also Somewhere amongst this line is the Covington, surname too.I have been searching from wales, -usa- to canada- back toENGLAND uk -over n over again trying to fit this jigsaw puzzle ... If you have the same names as I do please help?I am of the ALLEN/JENKINS line..  all of where the above names are supposedly linked  from back history to nearer 1800/1900'right from- to Elizabeth Allen' Born in Thornbury Bristol, 1765. My next task, is to 'still try to find the' mother of Elizabeth Allen', her possible father was William a builder of Aylburton- glos possibly a qauker, not certain yet thogh. ,I got very lost here re; Elizabeth Allen' mother, where is she.. i wonder.....  thank you for taking the time to read this.  best wishes from a rather lost soul on this subject! smiles from Diane.  ??? HO DEAR i got myself here on a wrong page now.. somehow.. so sorry