Author Topic: Hadfield Family of Derbyshire and Yorkshire  (Read 4306 times)

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hadfield Family of Derbyshire and Yorkshire
« on: Wednesday 24 October 07 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hello I have a notebook which gives information about this family from about 440! onwards. It is hand written and covers the family up to and during WW1.
I've attached a picture of the first pages. If anyone is a descendant of the Hadfields and would like to have this family document then I would be pleased to post it to you in consideration of just the postage cost.
MATSON-East Kent.  HURST- Oxfordshire.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Hadfield Family of Derbyshire and Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 January 08 17:20 GMT (UK) »
This notebook has now been sent to Graham Hadfield who contacted me via this site.
I hope that the Hadfield family will find it interesting and a useful family heirloom.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Senior
  • www.gjh.me.uk & www.glossopheritage.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 February 08 08:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much to Doverrog for sending me the book.

When I received the book I scanned it and put the scans on a CD which I sent to David Hadfield in Australia who runs a free web site dedicated to publishing details of various Hadfield lines - http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hadfield/.

David has transcribed the book, keeping faith with the way it was originally written (i.e. as one would with a MI) and will supply a copy of the transcript to anyone who submits a request to e-mail address:  mamtor@bigpond.com

Graham

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 February 08 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Excellent. :)
This is a great example of where the community on this site really works.
I'm pleased that such a document hasn't ended up on the skip and hope many others will find it of interest.

Offline Deane Hadfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 July 16 11:46 BST (UK) »
I am very interested in obtaining a copy of information from the Hadfield Family Notebook to fill in missing gaps in our family tree.Thank You. Deane Hadfield. Napier New Zealand.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/574781129359740/