Author Topic: Mexico - kind of not Mexico anymore, more utter confusion...!  (Read 7011 times)

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 May 08 09:53 BST (UK) »
Aghadowey - I have no idea why John was in Mexico, I have looked for a Cook Seaton marriage but not found anything as yet.

Karen, I'm not sure of John's fathers name, sorry.  Did you get my facebook email??!!!

Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:22 BST (UK) »
This is what Karen emailed me, it's very hard to read but the only link we can find for a (William) John Cook and Mexico at about the right time.  Sorry about the size of it but it's even harder to read if it's any smaller.

L
xxx
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
WL-Williams

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 May 08 10:55 BST (UK) »
That appears to be the record for this fellow:

http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/index.cfm?fuseaction=showIndividual&entitY_id=3816&source_type=A
William John Cook, aka Anthony Tudor.

What was your John Cook's occupation (e.g. from birth certificates)? That would make a difference to the search. Due to the timing, I wonder if they met while John was stationed in England during WWII?

Another way to approach would be to look for the first marriage and what happened to Mr Justice. Were there any children from Sarah's first marriage?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 29 May 08 11:06 BST (UK) »
I've not got John's daughters birth certificate, I'm waiting for my friend to get it off her mum.

Having looked at the link you sent I'm certain that that is not the right man, as he came back to London, married and had kids.

I'm not sure about Justice children.  My friends mum only knows about her siblings (she is the oldest) and a previsous marriage to Mr J.

I'll have a look for a death and marr for Mr J.

Sorry I'm not being very helpful!!!

Legs
xxxx
WL-Williams

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 29 May 08 11:25 BST (UK) »
OK, found Sarah's marriage to Mr J

Wycombe, December 1934, 3a, 2960, Sarah A R Seaton married Sidney W Justice

Cannot find a death for Sid nor a marr for Mr Cook and Sarah though....
WL-Williams

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 29 May 08 12:12 BST (UK) »
OK,

John ES Cook married Sarah AR Justice or Seaton, March 1/4 1948 in Thanet

Cert has been ordered
WL-Williams

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 29 May 08 13:22 BST (UK) »
Although I can't see the full reference, a Sidney William Justice died in Buckinghamshire in 1996. Possibly there was a divorce? (Sidney W. Justice was born in Buckingham district in 1914, and I suspect this is the first husband).

I also found a son to Sarah and Sidney in 1935 (amj quarter), but I won't put the information on here as he may still be living. You should be able to spot the record without too much of a problem, but if you can't see it I'll PM the details later.

Well done on the marriage! Two middle names ought to help locate him. Incidentally, there's a John E. S. Cook b. 1913 in Greenwich/St. Olave (he seems to have been registered twice?), mother's maiden name Covell. Might be a red herring, but a Greenwich link might suggest navy/merchant navy... (that'll have to wait for the certificate, really, but it's fun to speculate).
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 29 May 08 15:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jorose

Sid and Sarah had 2 sons according to my friends mum (2nd one born in North Bucks in 1938).  Sarah and John had another daughter prior to friends mum, so perhaps a divorce was occuring hence John and Sarahs marriage after the birth of 2 daughters....?

Any idea how I would search for a divorce?

Will have a look for the son now, thanks.

I found another John ES Cook born 1913, JFM 1/4 in Leicester, mother's maiden name = Beck

Speculation keeps me off the streets and out of trouble!!!!

Legs
xxxx
WL-Williams

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 29 May 08 15:21 BST (UK) »
More speculation but there is a marriage between Louisa Covell and Edward A Cook in JFM 1911 in St Olave....
WL-Williams