Author Topic: Alexander Fraser Thomson Update  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Prairie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Fraser Thomson Update
« on: Friday 26 October 07 04:11 BST (UK) »
For all of you that have helped me in my search for Alexander Fraser Thomson I wish to share with you that I have finally found him. I was sent a certificate from Scotland's People from a member on this list as a possibility and indeed it was him. I couldn't have done it without the encouragement and assistance that I have received on Rootschat. Thank you so very much. I will remain ever so grateful to all of you.

Prairie

Offline davcon1993

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Fraser Thomson Update
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 February 17 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Alexander Fraser Thomson is my husbands great grandfather. He died of TB after returning to Scotland in search of employment and housing, so he could bring Henrietta and the children back to Scotland. Henrietta so disliked in the U.S. and wanted to return to Scotland. Eventually, the widowed Henrietta married Benjamin Mock and had several more children.

Offline Fogmoose

• RootsChat Senior
  • For many hours and days that pass ever soon...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 February 17 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Alexander Fraser Thomson is my husbands great grandfather. He died of TB after returning to Scotland in search of employment and housing, so he could bring Henrietta and the children back to Scotland. Henrietta so disliked in the U.S. and wanted to return to Scotland. Eventually, the widowed Henrietta married Benjamin Mock and had several more children.

I sympathize with your husbands great grandmother. Sometimes lately, I so dislike things in the US that I wish I could return to Scotland as well! And I haven't even lived there, I have only visited there for a week!

Glad you found out about your ancestor. The folks here at RC are THE BEST, we are so lucky to have their help!

Jaffray, Morrison - Monquhitter
Bird or Burd, Ironside - Methlick
Young - Aberdeen, Banffshire
Reid, Milne - Kincardineshire
Sanderson, Marshall, Marr - Foveran
Black, Ross - Rathven
Searle or Seale, Steel(e), Forbes, Adams- Aberdeen
Hutche(s)on, Keith, Greig, Fowlie - Cuminestown, New Deer, Monquhitter, Methlick

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 February 17 18:33 GMT (UK) »
For the avoidance of duplication, these are previous threads on Alexander Fraser Thomson.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=258168.0
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic=253717.0
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Prairie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 February 17 19:09 GMT (UK) »
So happy to hear from an Alexander Fraser Thomson descendant! I do have some information on Henrietta's second family. She married William Mock, not Benjamin. Henrietta and William had a son named Benjamin as well as Garfield and Mildred known as Millie. Some time ago I had been in touch with a Mock descendant. Henrietta and Alexander's daughter, Mary, married her stepbrother, Grant Mock. Have never been able to find where Alexander was buried. His father was still alive at the time of his death as well as other family members. Unfortunately, Alexander Thomson is a common name in Scotland so finding where he was buried is almost next to impossible without additional information. I do have a copy of his death record but it doesn't state where he was buried.