Author Topic: William Ward  (Read 2332 times)

Offline linclinks

• RootsChat Member
  • Jacky Clark (nee Jacqueline Allen)
    • View Profile
Re: William Ward
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 October 07 18:35 BST (UK) »
I think that William Ward was born about 1806 and died between 1841-1851

The 1841 and 1851 given already Census details appear to be correct for your family

If you would like Elizabeths history, contact me on Email address removed.  Please use Personal Messaging System to exchange personal data. - I am descended from Riggalls also

Regards

Jacky
My Maternal line are all from Lincolnshire - First Generations include:
Arliss, Armstrong, Baker, Borman, Cartwright, Clark, Dixon, Duckering, Everington, Forman, Freshney, Gadsby, Graves, Hatcliffe, Holmes, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Lacey, Leverton, Lilley, Morton, Oades, Pacey, Priestley, Rickett, Riggall, Rowson, Shaw, Sleaford, Sleight, Smith, Spikin, Taylor, Thacker, Ticklepenny, Tomkins, Tyler, Walton, Ward, Willson, Wood and Wortley.

Offline GeoffE

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 October 07 19:41 BST (UK) »
I think that William Ward was born about 1806 and died between 1841-1851.

I think the only clue we have was the 1841 census - he had (allegedly) turned 35 but was not yet 40.

In view of the wedding in Conisholm, I'll mention that Saltfleetby is only 4-5 miles away and the father's name was Edward, a name of one of William's children.

I still can't find a burial for William (or a transportation!).
Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.

Offline linclinks

• RootsChat Member
  • Jacky Clark (nee Jacqueline Allen)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 October 07 21:11 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth was buried at East Barkwith in Jul 1885 - she was living with daughter Martha Freshney in 1871 and 1881. Martha Freshney, wife of Charles was buried at East Barkwith in Nov 1893. Charles and Martha did not appear to have children. Lot living with his family in Yorkshire 1891

Not a sniff of a Richard

Lot seems an important name - a grandchild was Lot Townend b 1862 at Donington

David married Ann Willows 1868 in Lincoln - his son William married Mary Ellen Lovley in 1893

Jacky

My Maternal line are all from Lincolnshire - First Generations include:
Arliss, Armstrong, Baker, Borman, Cartwright, Clark, Dixon, Duckering, Everington, Forman, Freshney, Gadsby, Graves, Hatcliffe, Holmes, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Lacey, Leverton, Lilley, Morton, Oades, Pacey, Priestley, Rickett, Riggall, Rowson, Shaw, Sleaford, Sleight, Smith, Spikin, Taylor, Thacker, Ticklepenny, Tomkins, Tyler, Walton, Ward, Willson, Wood and Wortley.