Author Topic: Look up Request - 185 Census Berwick upon Tweed  (Read 833 times)

Offline stellagypsy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Look up Request - 185 Census Berwick upon Tweed
« on: Monday 27 December 04 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi there - newbie to the boards, hope I am posting my request in the right place.

I would be grateful for a look up for ANY persons by the surname of ANGUS in Berwick upon Tweed or thereabouts. Particularly interested in JOB ANGUS b abt 1790 - not sure where, but I know he died in Berwick in 1872 so I am assuming he might have lived there at some point. His parents are William and Susannah - his siblings are James, William and Mary. His wife was Hannah.

TIA, Stella

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Laurina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Look up Request - 1851 Census Berwick upon Tweed
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 March 06 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stella,

1851 Census HO107/2421 Folio 199 Page 8 ~  Heathery Lops, Scremerston, Northumberland

Job Angus, 60, Head, mar, Alnwick, Northumberland ~ Mason
Hannah Angus, 55, Wife, mar, Bricken Lide, Northumberland
James Angus, 19, Son, unmar, Ord Moore, Northumberland ~ Engine - Fireman on Railway
Hannah Cluet, 10, Grand Daug, Whinney Hill, Northumberland ~ Scholar
William Scott, 5, Grand Son, Heathery Lops, Northumberland

Laurina
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Maccygee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up Request - 185 Census Berwick upon Tweed
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 November 17 04:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stellagypsy will you get this I wonder in 2017? William and Susannah are my great great great great great...ahem... Grandfather And mother. I would be interested in any info on this family at all, I gather they were gypsies, though my father flat out denies this, I also don't speak to that side of the family much!

Cheers :)

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 November 17 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Stellagypsy has not been on the site since 2005. You can look at that info by clicking on the name.  Looking at some of the siblings of Job I see that a son named Donkin was baptised in 1798 in Alnwick (C of E) and gave Susanna's maiden name Levison.  They married 11 Mar 1788.

Welcome to Rootschat.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maccygee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 November 17 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Hey, I can see she hasn't been on in over a decade but was trying my luck :) I have managed to trace that line back to 1730, but am now interested in finding more colourful stuff like photos because a GEDcom is only so inspiring haha! I was intrigued that this poster may possibly be referring to themselves as a gypsy, as though I can see about 3/4 generations of hawkers in that line from grandfather to grandfather it's not something my family even talks about! Am I of Romani descent? Very interesting :)

Thanks for responding!