Author Topic: Pat(t)erson  (Read 5007 times)

Offline Kithnkinfinder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pat(t)erson
« on: Tuesday 30 October 07 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I am searching for Pat(t)erson's connected with SW Scotland and Newton Stewart, Penninghame, Rerrick, Minnigaff, Blackcraig,Mochrum, Girvan and Dalbeatties areas specifically..
Many of my ancestors were Tailors working the textile industry in and around Newton Stewart and also working as Masons, Miners and Quarry workers.

Our Patersons married into the following example of names in the area from 1749- 1950..

Allan, Adam, McLachlan, Burns, Brown, McClure, Milroy, Heron, Chisholm, Hornel, Kelly, Robertson, Ewart, Jamieson, Welsh and Paterson

The name Paterson seems to have changed from recent times being two T Ts to the distant years when it was written with only one T..

Look forward to connecting with any that might connect in some way:-)

Happy Hunting.

Jim Patterson-Brewin
Canada..

Offline davidmilroy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Pat(t)erson
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 12:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim - It's only 11 years later! In my direct line I have marriages William Paterson - Helen Carnochan, Peter Paterson - Agnes Stewart and then Marion Morrison, William Paterson - Helen/Ellen Kelly, and James Milroy - Mary McPherson Paterson. All from Wigtownshire. Second William was a tailor's cutter, other male Patersons were agricultural.

Regards
David (Paterson) Milroy
Wigtown:Milroy,Paterson,McClelland,Kelly/Miskelly,McPherson,Dodds,McCulloch,Stewart,Broadfoot,Donnan,Carnochan,Agnew,Blair/Blain,Jackson,Brown,McGill,Montgomery,Davidson,Donaldson
Lanark:Kay,Young,McAllister,Muir,Buchanan
Kirkcudbright:Hutchison,Robertson
Renfrew:Loudon,Harper,Miller,Anderson
Fife:Barnett,Mcdonald,Thomson,Lumsden,Wood,Pryde,Melville,Stevenson,Inglis
Moray:Sutherland,Waite
Stirling:Sharp,Grosart,Gray,Mitchell,Morison
Berwick:Craig
Ayr:Kennedy,Barclay,McKenna
Kinross:Henderson

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Pat(t)erson
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 August 23 05:14 BST (UK) »
A lot of the names mentioned in #1 are listed in County Donegal, Ireland today.

cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.