Author Topic: Farms/House  (Read 7051 times)

Offline rarebit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Farms/House
« Reply #9 on: Friday 31 January 14 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison
A lot of my family lived on Tyn Ton can you give me any info ,year  they were born ,or grandfathers ,I have a lot of info on the Thomas's from Llangeinor ,also a tree on GenesReunited  look forward to hear from you .....Marion
Devonald Maddock Thomas Edwards Barwick Groom Keene                                                                            Pembrokeshire Maesteg Bridgend Caernarvon Somerset Norfolk Wiltshire

Offline dclarejesus

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 09 July 15 09:46 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am a newbie looking to know if anyone knows about the Thomas Family, fourteen children in all.  Katie, Gladys, Olwen, Thomas, May, William, Margaret, Nancy, David, Gwilym, Griffith, Trevor, John and Betty.   Mrs. Katie Gardener who at the time lived in Heal.  They were said to live on Tin Ton Farm~ Which may be the Tynton Farm? Any help would be appreciated, Thank you very much.

Offline rarebit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 July 15 12:23 BST (UK) »
I have a photo of all the children you are asking about but they were living on Cefn Machen farm in 1937 ,their fathers name was John and Mother was Annie ,nancy married her first cousin twice ,the two husbands were my dads brothers ,i know my dad lived in Tyn Ton ,i think the family did live there.I have done the family tree on the Thomas,s ,i can find out more about the from Nancy,s 2 boys ,my first cousins ,if you want any more ill ask the family for you ......speak soon Marion
Devonald Maddock Thomas Edwards Barwick Groom Keene                                                                            Pembrokeshire Maesteg Bridgend Caernarvon Somerset Norfolk Wiltshire

Offline revlac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 14 May 16 12:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Marion and Alison
Just seen your posts after all this time totally forgot about it all lol,  the Tynton Farm my relatives lived at was the one that overlooked Tonmawr so not the one in Llangeinor which I think is where Richard Price lived.  I had a David Bevan who was married to Annie Jones living there so are there any connections with you both ?

Regards
Helen
Markin, Durrant, Rooks, Jones, Thomas (South Wales)

Offline Mart56

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 18 June 16 14:21 BST (UK) »
I am looking at the Jones family of Tyn Ton, Tonmawr.  They were there from at least 1788 (Vaughan John) to 1842 (John Jones).
Hare (Pembrokeshire and Glamorgan), Stanford (Glamorgan), Hodgson (Lincolnshire and Surrey), Sugden (Keighley and Worcestershire), Griffiths (Kidwelly and Glamorgan), Collins (Kidderminster), Evans (Cwmavon), Mainwaring (Llanedi and Cwmavon), Rees (Neath), Jones (Resolven), Paddison (Neath), Davies (Crynant), Bevan (Tonna).

Offline cath_hopes

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 November 19 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Marion,
My great grandfather William Thomas dob 17.1.1864 was from Tynton farm Llangeinor.  As an adult he lived at Tynton House, Oxford Street/road(?) in Pontycymer.  I'd love to learn more about the Thomas family's history at Tynton farm. Maybe we are distant cousins? Hope you still access this site as I see your post is from some years ago.
Best wishes,
Catherine