Author Topic: Flynn (Flynne) Family - Crockawaddy  (Read 3459 times)

Offline JohnU

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Flynn (Flynne) Family - Crockawaddy
« on: Thursday 01 November 07 20:49 GMT (UK) »
I am just at the start of tracing my mother's ancestry. She was born in January 1907 in the Townland of Crockawaddy, Civil Parish Drumreilly, Barony Carrigallen, Co Leitrim. The only information I have is that her father was John Flynn (Farmer) and that she had several brothers and sisters (Philip, Mary are known). I would like any information on Crockawaddy if possible as I intend to visit next year. Also, I have a reasonable match in the 1901 Census, but in surname Flynne (I have applied to Dublin for the 1911 Census as she was born 1907 for that family but not received anything yet). She married in 1928 in Belfast and her father was deceased at that time. I have a "Short" Birth Certificate for her and, if the 1911 Census is not a match (i.e. she was not part of the Flynnes) I think I can apply to Roscommon for a full one which will show her parents. Are there any other sources that would be useful to me?

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Flynn (Flynne) Family - Crockawaddy
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 November 07 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello John,

Welcome to RootsChat.

Click here for the Leitrim Co. Council site.The Library and Tourism Department (which is in the Community and Enterprise section of the site) are probably the best places to approach to learn more about Crockawaddy.

Christopher

Offline JohnU

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Flynn (Flynne) Family - Crockawaddy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 November 07 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christopher, Thank you for the information I will look further into that. I did get a little help from Mary McConefrey (?) in the library at Ballinamore - in fact she sent me a map showing where Crockawaddy is - it had been passed down in our family as Cruckawaddy - mam's pronunciation again!

Regards

John