Author Topic: YATES  (Read 23227 times)

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: YATES
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 09:20 GMT (UK) »
My son/ex-wife have Yates/Yeats from Wiltshire. Mainly around Winterbourne Dauntsey and Earles. Emigrated to Australia in the 1850s

From southaustralianhistory.com.au the following on Angaston where William Yates gets a mention as being the person to start the Band in Angaston

Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole, Tresidder, Armstrong.

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-  Blacksell, Schumann, Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T81207

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lafyates

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: YATES
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 09:11 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm a yates and live on the wirral, I'm sruggling to find much info on my family history but would be interested to find others

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.