Author Topic: Seaman's Orphanage Hull  (Read 109316 times)

Offline Adam Summerfield

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seaman's Orphanage Hull
« Reply #180 on: Saturday 08 July 17 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks Carol! I don't know who his father or mother were. All I know is what his first name was and his date of birth. I found this http://catalogue.hullhistorycentre.org.uk/files/c-dsho.pdf in the history catalogue, and see that C DSHO/4 would be the document I'd like to find to try and find him in there, but I can't see how to access it. Thank you for that information, I will also look up Newland Homes and Hesslewood Orphanage!
Sheasby - Napton,
Hargrave - Hull,
Hurley - Cork,
Criswell - Yelling,
Shepherd - Yelling,
Turner - Chesterfield,
Parsons - Chesterfield,
Watson - Chesterfield,
Beresford - Chesterfield,

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Saturday 08 July 17 21:01 BST (UK) »
Yes that's where the records are held...you might want to email them but I think the the 100 years rule may prevent you from accessing records.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Adam Summerfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Saturday 08 July 17 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hmmm, I think I can't: "Hull History Centre: The Records of the Hull Seamens and General Orphanage
C DSHO/4/17 Boys admission registers 1939 - 1964
no.s 1441 - 1690. Closed under data protection until Jan 2065"
Sheasby - Napton,
Hargrave - Hull,
Hurley - Cork,
Criswell - Yelling,
Shepherd - Yelling,
Turner - Chesterfield,
Parsons - Chesterfield,
Watson - Chesterfield,

Offline Adam Summerfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: Saturday 08 July 17 21:13 BST (UK) »
Carol it looks like Newland Homes and Hesslewood Orphanage were owned by the same organisation as Seaman's and General, meaning their records would all be in the same place - is that correct?
Sheasby - Napton,
Hargrave - Hull,
Hurley - Cork,
Criswell - Yelling,
Shepherd - Yelling,
Turner - Chesterfield,
Parsons - Chesterfield,
Watson - Chesterfield,

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Saturday 08 July 17 23:31 BST (UK) »
All records for the Hull Orphanages are held at the Hull History Centre. Hull Seaman's and General Orphanage was originally on Spring Bank but moved to Hesslewood Hall around 1920. Newland Sailor's Homes was the Port of Hull Society, Cottage Homes which closed about Four years ago. If you take the time to read through the posts here it will give you all the information you need.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Debbie Wilson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Friday 15 June 18 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Danielle i knew your mum well, we were together in the homes, im not sure how to private message you so if you could get intouch,please do xx

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Friday 15 June 18 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie and welcome to RootsChat...This is a very old post and Danielle hasn't been on RootsChat for over 5 years so you may not get a response....but you never know.
Good Luck!
Carol

Offline Debbie Wilson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: Saturday 16 June 18 10:41 BST (UK) »
Awww i hope Danielle sees my message i was her mums best friend in hessle high road childrens homes in the 70s.Thankyou for the welcome!

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Saturday 16 June 18 10:54 BST (UK) »
Debbie if you click on the text icon under her name on the left, you will be able to send her a personal message and give her your contact details.
Carol