Author Topic: ellard family Preston Bissett  (Read 1679 times)

Offline yoshi

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ellard family Preston Bissett
« on: Saturday 17 November 07 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Would be interested to hear from anyone researching the Ellard line in Bucks around the village of Preston Bisset. I have a line from the 1700's in Northants (starting from Hinton In The Hedges) to the 1920's in various villages and am trying to prove the line from across the border.

Offline Bradwell77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ellard family Preston Bissett
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 February 16 07:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My 2xgreat grandmother was Elizabeth Ellard, daughter of Richard Ellard, born 1829 in Peston Bissett and who died 1904 in Oldham, Lancs - married name Cadd.

I have here family going back a couple of generations to William Ellard, but only using IGI index.

Bucks records on line appear to be the poorest in the country - unless anyone out there can put me right - and it is some years since I have managed to get to the Bucks Records Office at Aylesbury.
Bucks - Cadd, Howell, Ellard, Bennett, Smith (Hillesden, P Bissett), Mason (Edgcott)
Cheshire - Buckwright, Brearly (Stockport)
Lancs - Hall (Oldham)
Lincs - Jackson (Epworth), Foster, Jeffrey, Lincoln, Harley, Eastgate (Bennington) Maddison, Douthwaite, Dobbs & King (Caistor), Hill (Thornton)
Essex - Wright (Wigboroughs), Demmond & Rich (Layer Haye), Harrington (Grt Baddow), Tuley, Crosby, Horsnail, Keeling (Hanningfields & Woodhams)
Warwks - Claydon, Hewens & Arnold, (Tysoe)
Ireland- King Mayo

Offline sylvia (canada)

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ellard family Preston Bissett
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 May 16 01:28 BST (UK) »
My gt grandmother was Elizabeth Ellard, daughter of Richard Ellard and Elizabeth Bennett, b. 1829, Preston Bissett.

There is some misinformation that her mother was Louisa Cox, my research shows that this is wrong.

Richard Ellard was baptised 21 Sept 1794, Preston Bissett, and married 1. Mary Allen on 4 Dec 1823;  2. Elizabeth Bennett 28 Aug 1828 in Preston Bisset; and 3. Louisa Cox in June quarter 1845 in Preston Bisset.

Elizabeth had at least 2 children before she married James Cadd 16 Oct 1852.

James Cadd and Elizabeth Ellard had 10 children.

Interestingly, she moved to Oldham via Darlington, Co Durham, after her husband James Cadd died falling from a train ........... I have all their records from marriage to their deaths.

I have the Ellards back to William Ellard, b. 1759 or 1761 in PB ......... by family search, ancestry, and ancestry family trees. No proof of course!!

According to England Select Births and Christenings, Richard Ellard was the child of William Ellard and Mary

There is a possibility that William is the child of either John Ellard and Mary if born 1759, or of Henry Ellard if born 1761 ... information fro England Seelct Births and Christenings on ancestry.
Taylor, Park, Rowlandson, Hayhurst, Goose, Moor, Mattinson, Dawes. Westmorland, Yorkshire, Lancashire.
Cadd, Ellard, Schofield, Ashton, Cott(e)rill, Buck(w)right, Love. Buckinghamshire, Lancashire
Hughes, Roberts, Wynn(e), Griffiths. Wales