Author Topic: 1861 Census  (Read 2288 times)

Offline christineann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1861 Census
« on: Thursday 30 December 04 21:28 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find more info about a Frederick Harrison who is shown on the 1881 Sheffield Census as aged 25 and his birthplace is given as Douglas, Isle of Man.  My great-grandma married his son Joseph.  I wonder if anyone has access to the 1861 Isle of Man Census relating to Douglas.  Frederick would be aged about 5 years old. I would like to find out the names of his parents.  I know that by 1867 they were in Sheffield as Frederick's sister, Kate Eliza, was born there.

Christine Simpson
Bullock Derbyshire, Hudson Sheffield, McMurray Ireland and Sheffield, Bullass Sheffield, Lomas Sheffield

Offline Elizabeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Census
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 January 05 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christine,
I suggest you write to Brian Lawson who has all the census index and information for the Isle of Man. he is a Manxman who lives in Canada.

Go to his website at http://www.lawsons.ca and from there you can email him direct.... ask him for a census lookup.

Regards
Elizabeth

QUALTROUGH Isle of Man & world wide

Qualtroughs have been found in Liverpool, Manchester and other places in Lancs. However I am interested in contact with all Qualtroughs and descendants everywhere.

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Census
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 February 05 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth,

Read your reply to Christine about Brian Lawson.

I contacted him and by return he gave me the family I am researching on the 1841/1851 & 1861 censuses.

Absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much for that lead.

poirot  ;D ;D
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.