Author Topic: WILKINSON - Jane, abt. 1817-1893  (Read 4433 times)

Offline RedFox

• RootsChat Member
  • One of Many Family Lines
    • View Profile
WILKINSON - Jane, abt. 1817-1893
« on: Friday 31 December 04 04:18 GMT (UK) »
Jane Wilkinson married John Robson (also on the Cumberland site).  She was born about 1817 in Gilcrux, Cumberland.  Jane and John were married in 1838 in Plumbland Parish.  I have received a copy of John & Jane's marriage certificate giving their fathers' names.  Their children were raised in Aspatria.  Jane was buried in Laurel, NE, USA about 1893.    I believe John died in 1884, the year before Jane and their son Andrew's family sailed for the US. 

I have two authorities for the year of Jane's birth - her tombstone reads 1823; the Gilcrux Bishops' Transcripts (GBT) say 1817.  I tend to believe the GBT since none of Jane's contemporaries were around when she died.   

I am interested in learning more of Jane's family prior to her marriage.   Jane's parents were James Wilkinson and Jane Young, both of Gilcrux.   They were married about 1804. (GBT)  I believe her brothers included John, Joseph, George, David, and William, and her sisters included Margaret and Elizabeth.  I found a John born in 1805 and 1821.  Their names were taken from the GBT.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who many have some information or guidance to further research.  Thanks, RedFox
CUMLD: Davidson, Robson, Atkinson, Blackburn,  Wilkinson, Mumberson, Milburn
CRNWL:  Dawe, Bawden, Leming
CHES: Heginbotham
YRK:  Dawe, Jackson, Ranson, Leming
LANC:  Dawe, Harris, Thomas, Bellamy or Billany, Bayliff, Madsen
EAST SSX:  Etchingham - Woolgar
SCT: RXB-Robson, REN & LNK-Lisle/Lyle/Leill, Taylor, Masson
WALES: Dawe
USA:  MI - Dawe, Stringer, Lisle, Robson, Davidson, Mills, Handy, Betzner, Leeper, Fankboner, Ross, Lyle
IRE: Bell, Prestley/Priestley
GER: Wuerttemberg - Betz