Author Topic: Munro Gove  (Read 24012 times)

Offline gourdongirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Munro Gove
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 29 July 08 07:00 BST (UK) »
Hi
Yes this ties in with my Goves. If you PM me your email addy I will send you what I have.
GOWANS/ GOWAN, DORWARD, Freeman, Malcolm, Gove, McGurk, Cargill, Christie, GOURDON connections

Offline Rowana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 29 July 08 12:21 BST (UK) »
PM sent
Irvine Gove Watt Stronner

Offline angusg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 17 January 11 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am related to Bridget Watt who married Munro gove

I would love an photos of headsotes relating to Gove Wilson Beattie etc
Watt, Beattie,Glass,McDougal, Guthrie,Blackie,Pringle,Balmer,Headridge,Hunter,France,Greenhill
Gordon,Lawson,Anderson,Reid,Stott,Milne,Jackson,Walker McArthur,Hardie.Dunnet,Dundas
Thorburn, Mosley, Stewart, Wood, Gladstone, Darrie,Melrose
Duff,and in the States/Canada: Kidder,Duff, Blake,Robertson,Kerr.

Offline Dr_Dave

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 23:02 BST (UK) »
I stumbled across this thread while researching my family tree (although I hasten to add I'm not related to either Munro Gove or Elizabeth Spark).

I don't really have much to add by way of information about Munro Gove other than I met him a few times when I was a nipper. Liz Spark was a bridesmaid at my grandparents wedding and she and Roy were lifelong friends of my grand-parents. Munro was known to me as Roy. I recall visiting them on a number of occasions at their house in Fordoun which was right next to the railway line. I was fascinated by their cuckoo clock. Neither here nor there to us adults now but I was a youngster back in the 60's and being in such close proximity to a railway track and seeing a cuckoo clock were a bit of a novelty back then.

Small world.

Dave

Offline Rowana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 29 September 13 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,
I remember the cuckoo clock as well, and like you, I was fascinated with it as a young lad.
Who were your grandparents? I probably won't know them, but I possibly heard the names mentioned at some time.

Small world indeed!
Jim
Irvine Gove Watt Stronner

Offline Dr_Dave

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 29 September 13 23:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim.

My grandfather was Thomas Callander and my grandmother was Jessie Stott. They were married at the Crown Hotel in Laurencekirk in July 1928. I said in my post that Liz Spark was bridesmaid but I think it would probably be more accurate to say she was a witness.

My grandparents came down to Glasgow a year or so after they were married and certainly by 1930 as my dad was born in 1930 in Glasgow. They moved back to Laurencekirk in the late 60's and we'd regularly visit Roy and Liz when we were up at Laurencekirk.

The Callander's had the smiddy at Laurencekirk for much of the 20th century although I was a bit disappointed to see the smiddy had been demolished last time I was up.

Offline angusg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 30 September 13 01:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Dr, Dave,

I am very curious, I have a connection to Munro GOVE thru Bridget WATT
but I have an intrest in STOTT's as well. My aunt Charlotte GLASS was married to Arthur STOTT
he had a sister Jessie STOTT born 1887 Dundee area. her father was David STOTT married to
Ann COLLIER December 1882 at Balcarhie Po Arbirlot Co Forfar. David STOTT's father Alexander was born around 1837 in Garvock married to Margaret MILLAR.  Is there a connection?
Watt, Beattie,Glass,McDougal, Guthrie,Blackie,Pringle,Balmer,Headridge,Hunter,France,Greenhill
Gordon,Lawson,Anderson,Reid,Stott,Milne,Jackson,Walker McArthur,Hardie.Dunnet,Dundas
Thorburn, Mosley, Stewart, Wood, Gladstone, Darrie,Melrose
Duff,and in the States/Canada: Kidder,Duff, Blake,Robertson,Kerr.

Offline Dr_Dave

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 01 October 13 22:56 BST (UK) »
Sorry to be a disappointment, Angus. My grandmother Jessie Stott was born in 1898 on a farm near to Montrose. Perhaps there may be a link somewhere down the line. The Stotts have given me a bit of a headache with my research as there are so many of them and one or two have been problematic. But that's the way of things with family history research (as we all know).

Dave