Author Topic: Warwick family in London  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Warwick family in London
« on: Monday 26 November 07 19:16 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the Warwick family history. About 1880 a few branches of the family moved from Furneux Pelham in Hertfordshire to Lee, Lewisham. As some of the children grew up, and there were quite a few children, they moved to Greenwich, Woolwich, Deptford, Kensington and Lambeth areas. If anybody else is researching the Warwick family or you are researching a family who married a Warwick, I would be grateful if you would contact me. I have an extensive database of Warwick's. I am willing to share any information.
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline GEOFREWAR

• RootsChat Extra
  • About DISPATCH RIDERS
    • View Profile
Re: Warwick family in London
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 July 17 17:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,

The Grand-Father of my Wife, George Frederick, was a Warwick from Lambeth.

He was a porter in Covent Garden Market. His father, George Edward, was a porter and was married with Julia Catherine Williams.

Regards,

Pierre from France

Corporal George Frederick Warwick
Dispatch Rider
4th Divisional Signals Company
1st Bat. Royal Warwickshire Regiment

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 July 17 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Pierre

Thank you for getting in contact.

I do have your wife's grandfather George Frederick Warwick in my tree and his father George Edward Warwick also, married to Julia Catherine Elizabeth Williams. I have them marrying in 1892 with witnesses Joseph Williams and Emma Flack. Is your wife Elisabeth, born about 1956 ?

Was your wife's mother Marie Warwick ?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Martin
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline GEOFREWAR

• RootsChat Extra
  • About DISPATCH RIDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 July 17 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,

You have good informations. My wife is Elisabeth and she is born march 1954.

Her mother was Marie like George's sister. Marie, my wife's mother, was named Marie Béthencourt,

She was born August 26,1917 from the meeting of George and Georgette Bethencourt but George only held her twice in his arms: a few days after his birth and then during his baptism.

After Baptism,George left Georgette and Marie a few days after Marie's baptism and was killed in action during Battle of Broodseinde on October 5, 1917.

What do you know about Warwick Family ? How do you know the surname of my wife ????

I look forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Pierre
Dispatch Rider

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 July 17 21:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Pierre

I have been researching the Warwick family for over 20 years, when I started I would write my research on pieces of paper, then thankfully the computer and family tree programs came along.

I have taken the Warwick line, including your wife's line back to 1540, I believe Henry the eighth was on the throne. I have an extensive database of Warwick information, but I do not know everything. I found some of your information on a Warwick forum site, but the rest I have researched myself.

I have George Frederick Warwick as one of 7 children, by my research he is the eldest. As you stated, he had a sister Marie.

Were you aware that George Edward Warwick was married twice? He committed adultery with other women, including their servant who was 20 years younger than George, and also regularly committed  violence against Julia, this information taken from the UK Civil Divorce Records. George Edward remarried in 1913. With his second wife, who was 7 years younger than George, and was 36 years old when she married George Edward.  George Edward had at least one son with his second wife.

It might be a good idea to private message.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Martin

Offline GEOFREWAR

• RootsChat Extra
  • About DISPATCH RIDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 20 July 17 05:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,

I give you my personnal mail address on a PM.

Regards

Pierre
Dispatch Rider

Offline scault

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hiya
 Dont know if any of this is off help
My grandmothers sister Mary Ann cousins marries a william Thomas warwick in Lee Kent tey had 1 son a George william Warwick. I will neen to go on ancestry to get you all my info if you want it. I know on the marriage cert Williams address is given as 38 I think sunnyfield st Lee. I have a feeling william and Mary Ann split up and she leaves to go abroad ? He lives with another woman and possibly his son. I need to check all of my census and info if you want it.

Sue Ault

Offline Enfield Medcalf

• RootsChat Member
  • Genealogists do it with dead people. Mostly!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 24 February 19 12:07 GMT (UK) »
There are Warwicks in Enfield in mid 1800's.  IIRC publicans and marrying into Medcalf family.
Ashe-Marlborough. Auchincloss-Glasgow. Dickey-Ireland,Scotland,USA. Ebben-Enfield. Fewins-St Austell, Ohio
Hall-Mdx & Northumberland. Heard/Hurd/Herd-Dry Drayton Cambs. Hillhouse-Scotland,USA.  Horton-West Bromwich,Greenwich Kent, Mdx, Surrey.  Kelly-High Beech, Essex.  Livermore-Enfield.  Malyon-Mdx.  Medcalf-Enfield Mdx, Cheshunt Herts.  Metcalfe-Dry Drayton Cam.  Saunders-Uxbridge, Enfield.  Sleath-Enfield.  Snelling-Storrington.  Stretton-Greenwich,Lee.  Wiltshire-Enfield.  Woodfield-Enfield

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 08:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue

For whatever reason I have only just come across your post regarding Mary Ann Cousins and William Thomas Warwick. I am quite willing to exchange information.

Hi Yorkie
I do have Warwick's in Enfield, but to date I have been unable to tie them to the Medcalf family. If I can find a connection I will keep you in the loop.

Regards

Martin