Author Topic: Thomas family  (Read 16625 times)

Offline helen keepence

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas family
« Reply #36 on: Monday 19 March 18 02:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dai. I just came across your comment in Roots chat when i was researching my Great Great grandmother Mary (nee REES) who married David DAVIES in Welsh St Donats. Her marriage certificate of July 1850 stated that she resided at Wern Fawr before her marriage and that her father Thomas REES was a carpenter.  I found out that Wern Fawr Welsh St Donats was a farm from Welldigger blog contact. Mary and her new husband David DAVIES of Pendoylan movedwithin Welsh St Donats to  Ol y Maich (sic) and Caegnew Welsh St Donats. Children were baptised locally by Curate Thomas James Jones. I comment in case you have come across their names, but i doubt it as I found the family without David DAVIES in the 1871 Census Tlreyn (difficult to discern handwriting )  in Llantrisant. I just found it interesting that given Welsh St Donats' small population that i should come across yourself as another descendant of a family in Welsh St Donas.Regards Helen of Brisbane Queensland Australia since 1958 born Cardiff lived Caerwigau Uchaf Pendoylan 1953