Author Topic: LYALL/LEMMON  (Read 14362 times)

Offline lawrenceb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LYALL/LEMMON
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 June 09 00:13 BST (UK) »
My gtgrandmother was Elizabeth Forbes West, b. 19/5/1858.  I am relatively new to this.  The census information is much appreciated.  I have more on Elizabeth and her family. 
Cumming: Woodside Aberdeen
Lawrence: Banffshire, Aberdeenshire, Newcastle upon Tyne

Offline Blandy

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 June 09 03:15 BST (UK) »
[quote author=lawrenceb My gtgrandmother was Elizabeth Forbes West, b. 19/5/1858.

Hello Lawrenceb,
I sent you a PM (private message)with my email attached...... I am doing my family research on Elizabeth Forbes West's sister Margaret and happy to share what information i have with you.

Kind regards
Isabel
Australia
Hendry, Calder, Griggs, Edwards

Offline lawrenceb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 June 09 03:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Isabel,
I emailed last night, must be lost in cyberspace!  I am PMing you after writing this. 
Barb

Offline Grothenwell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Love Endures Delay
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 23 December 09 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have gone back further with your West & Lyall families?

I have Andrew West, b 1733, and Margaret Lyal b 1735, having children: Elspet 1756, Mary 1763, Margaret 1763, Sarah 1763, Christian 1766 & Anne 1770 in Gamrie, Banff.

Regards,

Grothenwell
Aberdeenshire; Brechin, Robb, Clark, Hardie, Johnston, Watt, Elmslie, Milne, Harper, Adam, Edmond, Laing, Gibson, Aedie, Jameson, Argo & Doverty.
Booth, Watson, Grothenwell, Ewen, Mackie, Simpson, Piper, Taylor, Davidson, Willox, Chalmers & Gordon
Still, Fraser, Robertson, Burnet & Lumsden
Banffshire; Cruickshank, Bennet, Broug, Allen, West & Lyal
Caithness; Sutherland
Herefordshire, Worcester, Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire; Wagstaff, Jones, Turner, Wiggett, Hannes

Offline lawrenceb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 03 January 10 19:36 GMT (UK) »
I have a 2xgt grandfather, William West, b. approx 1822, whose father was George West, mother Elizabeth Wiseman.  He died in Gardenstown in 1899, and I assume he was born there. I haven't yet worked on George and Elizabeth.  I don't know if this hooks up with any of your people. 

Offline Grothenwell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Love Endures Delay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 January 10 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lawrence,

I don't have any link to the Wests/Wisemans of Gardenstown, but if you go on to the anesfhs ancestor chart index http://anesfhs.org.uk/download.htm#AncChart and look under the W's for those surnames you'll see that there are quite a few members with those names, probably with the same individuals as you. You can contact the ANESFHS and I think they'd be able to help with further research of your names.

Good luck
Aberdeenshire; Brechin, Robb, Clark, Hardie, Johnston, Watt, Elmslie, Milne, Harper, Adam, Edmond, Laing, Gibson, Aedie, Jameson, Argo & Doverty.
Booth, Watson, Grothenwell, Ewen, Mackie, Simpson, Piper, Taylor, Davidson, Willox, Chalmers & Gordon
Still, Fraser, Robertson, Burnet & Lumsden
Banffshire; Cruickshank, Bennet, Broug, Allen, West & Lyal
Caithness; Sutherland
Herefordshire, Worcester, Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire; Wagstaff, Jones, Turner, Wiggett, Hannes

Offline Frootcake

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 17 December 10 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

Saw your post regarding Lyall/Lemmon. I am married to the eldest son of Charles William David Lyall, eldest son of Charles William and Hilda Urquart.  We are interested also in finding out more about the family!  We have three children who are, of course, also great grandchildren of Charles and Hilda.  We know Jimmy and Chris in Austalia are still alive.

Hope to hear from you!

Offline Blandy

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 18 December 10 07:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Great to hear from you.  I have quite a lot of information on this family and happy to share with you.

Uncle Jimmy past away some years ago now, Uncle Carney is still alive and Chris who is my childrens grandmother tell you more when you email me.

Isabel
Australia

Hendry, Calder, Griggs, Edwards

Offline Frootcake

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 19 December 10 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Thanks for your message - great to hear from you!  Your email address was blocked and I have to send three messages before I can use the Personal Message System.

So this is message number two!

Sorry, got it wrong about Uncle Jimmy still being alive.  Spoke to my Mother-in-law last night (Barbara) and she said it's Carney and, of course, Chris, who are still with us.

Brenda    :D