Author Topic: Thomasine Fisher bap look up please  (Read 729 times)

Offline lancs lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • ggreatgrandad william stackhouse
    • View Profile
Thomasine Fisher bap look up please
« on: Saturday 15 December 07 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Ive now successfully traced back to a Thomasine Fisher in my family research she was bap according to the IGI on the 4th of july 1686 in BLUNHAM, only her father is named as Thomas no mothers name mentioned, now im stuck does anyone have access to the parish records for Blunham so i can find out who her mother was or did they not mention mothers names so far back?.
Help very much appreciated  :)

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomasine Fisher bap look up please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 December 07 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Mothers' names were often not shown on baptisms at that time - and if you look at other baptisms in Blunham at that time mothers' names are not shown. You need to look for the marriage of Thomas Fisher - bear in mind that virtually all of Beds pre 1812 has been extracted onto the IGI

Blunham was full of Fishers! I can't see that Thomas baptised any further children in Blunham. Did either he or his wife die after 1686, or move away from Blunham, or did they turn non-conformist - according to the BLARS site at http://blars.adlibsoft.com/
there were recusant Fishers in Blunham at about that time?

There was an Elizabeth buried on 1 July 1690, but with so many in the village it's pure guesswork, and the PR is unlikely to have much, if any, extra detail at this time. The only Thomas burial I can see before 1775 was on 5 Apr 1686 - which if it's him would explain why there weren't any more children

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock