Author Topic: Hugh Gillan Obituary 1922 Yoker  (Read 13572 times)

Offline pancho

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Gillan Obituary 1922 Yoker
« Reply #9 on: Friday 04 January 08 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Never Give up Elsie I will have a wee look for you :)
Sloey,Slowey,O`Connor ,Hammond,Coulston ,Daily,McCabe ,McCartney,Cunningham ,Martin, McKenna,Cairns Fox,Martin Places of interest Monaghan,Glasgow ,Liverpool,Wolverhampton,Wallasey.

Offline pancho

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 January 08 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Elsie is this your Hugh Gillan and his family you see Duntocher and Yoker are very near one another and the Oldest Hugh`s age is Identical to yours have a wee look and see what you think

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Sloey,Slowey,O`Connor ,Hammond,Coulston ,Daily,McCabe ,McCartney,Cunningham ,Martin, McKenna,Cairns Fox,Martin Places of interest Monaghan,Glasgow ,Liverpool,Wolverhampton,Wallasey.

Offline FINNE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 25 July 08 16:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

Frank Gillan was my grandfather.  Could we exchange info.  Do I know you?

Finne :D

Offline RKNELSON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 15 January 09 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Pancho, If you read this, I am looking for the obit for my Grandfather Colonel William Nelson, OBE, TD died June 11, 1937 in Glasgow.  I understand it is archived in the Mitchell Library....exactly where you found Elsie's info.
Thanks.

Offline Gillan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 21:15 BST (UK) »
Elsie

I am Hugh Gillan's grandson.  My father was Willie (b.1892) (d.1945 Mexico City).  Willie had a brother living in Coventry and bombed out during the war. oldest son, Hugh, also buried in British Cemetery in Mexico City.  Nicholas remained in Scotland and raised Hugh's two sons.  Sister Mary (?) remained in Scotland also.  I recall my father's enthusiasm for football and Celtic.  Keep in touch.

David

Offline elsiegee1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 17:32 BST (UK) »
Hi David,
I've sent you a PM with my email address, so we can compare notes :)
Elsie
Gillan (Glasgow, Ireland & Devon), Smith (Coventry & Plymouth), Rice (Coventry & Birmingham), Henchcliffe (Derby, Stoke, Coventry), Randle (Coventry)

Offline FINNE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 27 October 09 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

I'm also a relative. My mother was your cousin Kathleen Gillan, daughter of Frank Gillan.  My cousin Norman is also interested in our family history.  Do you have any family photos or family stories to share? 

Best Wishes
Fiona

Offline hardhatharry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hugh Gillan
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 16:23 BST (UK) »
Elsie

Delighted to have dipped into your posts.  Hugh Gillan (d 1922) of Yoker is my Great-Grandfather through his daughter Mary (Polly) Gillan (one of John's Sisters and b 1885) who married Daniel Joseph Maginniss in Yoker in 1912. Fascinated to learn that John resided in Coventry and married a local girl, neither of which I knew.  I assume Mary Gillan knew but perhaps not, although she lived in Coventry/Kenilworth 1916-1974, passing away in 1974, having had five children.  Delighted to share this aspect of the Gillan story if you wish. :)

Clem

Offline FINNE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Gillan
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 17:06 BST (UK) »
Really interested too as Hugh Gillan is also my Great-Grandfather.  I know Johanna Browne came from Dublin, but does anyone know anything /more about the origins of Hugh's father and mother in Ireland (Our G/GGF Peter Gillan, G/GGGF Thomas and G/GGGM McGill?, and G/GGM Anne Keenan ,GGGF Kennan and Burns).  Or what happpened to the children of Peter Gillan's second marriage:  Peter, Euphemia and Mary I think.
Fiona

Delighted to have dipped into your posts.  Hugh Gillan (d 1922) of Yoker is my Great-Grandfather through his daughter Mary (Polly) Gillan (one of John's Sisters and b 1885) who married Daniel Joseph Maginniss in Yoker in 1912. Fascinated to learn that John resided in Coventry and married a local girl, neither of which I knew.  I assume Mary Gillan knew but perhaps not, although she lived in Coventry/Kenilworth 1916-1974, passing away in 1974, having had five children.  Delighted to share this aspect of the Gillan story if you wish. :)

Clem
[/quote]