Author Topic: Technical help needed  (Read 3144 times)

Offline may

• RootsChat Extra
  • Love to chat about genealogy
    • View Profile
Technical help needed
« on: Saturday 27 March 04 15:29 GMT (UK) »
I am meeting my newly found half sister next month and would like to record our conversation.
I was thinking of a digital dictaphone but I know nothing about them.  Can anyone help or has anyone got any other ideas on how to record what we have to say, as we are bound to forget.

Thanks
May
looking for Toon in NW Leics. Henson from Peterborough and Leicester, King in London.  Would be happy to chat to others with the same interest in genealogy

Offline jaq

• RootsChat Senior
  • willing to share resources
    • View Profile
Re:Technical help needed
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 March 04 02:33 BST (UK) »
Hi May,
and congrats on finding a new cousin.
If you will be at home,
have you thought a bout using an ordinary recorder which you may already have on your radio? using mic from your pc? and a casstte . mics are real cheap [about £5. -mine cost £7. some time ago]

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xFS?FN=&KW=dictaphone&FD=0&x=17&y=9
will give you an idea of prices of dictaphones, or why not just take pen and paper?
enjoy your meeting
jaq
p.s i havent forgotten about the census printout
Appleby Appleton Bass Dewey Dilks ELEY Fox Foy Frankland Furnivall Hammond Hume lawrence Lewis Manning Moody Muschamp Peck Plumley Spalding Spencer Thurston Watson Willsher Wright Youngs
---
Balls Barker Burton Cambridge Cook Dow Freeman Goody Harrington Mitchell Mitson Penn*ck Playford Smith

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
Re:Technical help needed
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 March 04 16:26 BST (UK) »
Hi May,
Congratulations you must be really excited :)
I use a small dictaphone to record route directions for our walking group and then type it up at home and it works very well.  I don't think they are very expensive.
have a great meeting,
jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.