Author Topic: Patrick Ward, Denbigshire  (Read 2126 times)

Offline monewman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Patrick Ward, Denbigshire
« on: Monday 03 January 05 08:39 GMT (UK) »
WARD, PATRICK wife Margaret Gorahan migrated from Ireland and lived in Wrexham Denbigshire.  Appears on the 1881 census.    Anybody with info on where in Ireland Patrick may have come from would be so very welcome.

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Ward, Denbigshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 January 05 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monewman,

I assume on the 81 census it just say "Ireland" for place of birth. Have you looked at the 71, 91 and 1901 census in case there is more detailed info there?

Do you know if they had any children? There might be a hint of the origins on their birth/ marriage certs. What about the death certs for Patrick and Margaret?

Have you got any other info available that might contain a hidden pointer?

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline monewman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Ward, Denbigshire
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 January 05 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello D, thanks for al the pointers.   You are right, it simply says Ireland, and I hadn;t thought of the 1871 census and 1901   They had about 13 children my grandfather being the youngest, but he just about cut himself off from the family when he moved to London.   Grandfathers birth and marriage certificates give no hopeful hints so I'll certainly take your advice .So it looks like I will be looking for deaths and etc for GGrandather in Wrexham..   Many thanks again Mo