Author Topic: ballyhaunis/knock/flatley-  (Read 31396 times)

Offline nanapop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: knock/flatley
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 20 April 08 22:28 BST (UK) »
Ann,

Do you have a public tree going on Ancestry.com?  If you do, then I just found your tree.  If you don't then there is a tree being built which includes John Flatley & Margaret Boyle.  Their children were Bridget, William, John, Mary & Patrick.

Margie

Offline jennypryer

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 14 July 08 20:05 BST (UK) »
Long shot but kpnuts do you have the email address of Tom Flatley you have been speaking?? If I am right which is a bit of a long shot he could be one of my cousins (one removed i think it would be)!! Basically him and my dad would be 1st cousins!?   

Thanks

Jenny

Offline springtime 60

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 14 July 08 20:39 BST (UK) »
leprechaun
i dont have a lot of luck with replies from ireland i wrote to st patricks church back in april i was hoping for more

leads  from the church records for my research
just  following up since my last post from you
                              ann

Offline jmannus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 21 February 09 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Ann,
Just thought I'd throw in that I also have Flatley's from Knock area in my tree. Mostly connected to my Kearns family from that area.

Some from Drum and Cullentragh, others from Falmore, Parish Bekan. One or two from Wingfield and Leachta. Some O'Connell, Egan and Morley interspersed through the Flatley tree.

Drop me a note at (*) if you'd like to trade notes.

Regards,
Joe

--
Joe Mann
(*)
The Origins Genealogy Project at http://www.originsgenealogy.org
Member, Hudson County Genealogy Society http://www.hudsoncountynjgenealogy.org

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Kearns, Prendergast, Callaghan, Burns, McDonough, Mulaney, McHugh in Parish Knock (Knock, Carrownamallaght, Ruane, Lakehill, others), Parish Bekan, Parish Aghamore

Offline springtime 60

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ballyhaunis/knock/flatley
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 13 August 09 16:35 BST (UK) »
im still hoping for any flatleys to make contact
               ann

Offline pegflat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ballyhaunis/knock/flatley-
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 13 June 10 19:50 BST (UK) »
ann,  My late husband's great grandfather was John Flatley born LeCarrow knock in 1836  He married Margaret Morley (born 1831 Wingfield Drum).  John died in Knock 1892-95.  Margaret in 1908.  John's father was William (died 1891-1900), mother named McGloughlin.  Margaret Morley's father was Austin Morley, mother Mary Kearns.
John and Margaret had several children including  a daughter Mary Agnes who  lived in New Hampshire and a son Dominick who was my husband's grandfather. Dominick Flatley married Nora Flatley (same name no relation) in 1905. Nora's father was William (1831-1898-1900) and her mother was Bridget O'connell (1831-1898) both from Ballyhaunis.  Dominick was a stone mason and became quite prominent in our little town of Manchester, MA.  I have more and pix. Email me at (*).

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

Offline jmannus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 14 June 10 00:49 BST (UK) »
Peg,
The MORLEY/FLATLEY family also connects to mine through the Margaret MORLEY you mention below, back thorugh Austin MORLEY / Mary KEARNS and Mary KEARNS' parents Thomas KEARNS and Mary FORDE. Thomas and Mary were my 3x great grandparents.

Regards,
Joe

ann,  My late husband's great grandfather was John Flatley born LeCarrow knock in 1836  He married Margaret Morley (born 1831 Wingfield Drum).  John died in Knock 1892-95.  Margaret in 1908.  John's father was William (died 1891-1900), mother named McGloughlin.  Margaret Morley's father was Austin Morley, mother Mary Kearns.
John and Margaret had several children including  a daughter Mary Agnes who  lived in New Hampshire and a son Dominick who was my husband's grandfather. Dominick Flatley married Nora Flatley (same name no relation) in 1905. Nora's father was William (1831-1898-1900) and her mother was Bridget O'connell (1831-1898) both from Ballyhaunis.  Dominick was a stone mason and became quite prominent in our little town of Manchester, MA.  I have more and pix. Email me at (*).

Kearns, Prendergast, Callaghan, Burns, McDonough, Mulaney, McHugh in Parish Knock (Knock, Carrownamallaght, Ruane, Lakehill, others), Parish Bekan, Parish Aghamore

Offline pegflat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 18 June 10 02:34 BST (UK) »
My John Flatley had siblings: William,Patrick, Dominick,Bridget,Michael.  I never heard tht they lived in England.

Offline DympJoyce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 19 June 10 20:57 BST (UK) »
I have some photographs of Flatley Headstones in Knock Cemetery if anyone wants to PM me