Author Topic: Janey Smith nee Holdsworth (photo ID) *Completed*  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Rossdal3

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The 3 Lions
    • View Profile
Re: Janey Smith nee Holdsworth (photo ID)
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 January 08 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes Trish, I will most certainly report the outcome of our search!  I think I will leave this post up for a while yet.  I just have a feeling that someone out there knows who this lovely family belongs to!!

regards,
Jill
Holdsworth
Gill
Stead
Pawson
Holmes
Craven
Gaunt
Austin
Wells/Coultas
Hardisty
Grange
Wedgeworth/Knox

Offline Rossdal3

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The 3 Lions
    • View Profile
Re: Janey Smith nee Holdsworth (photo ID) *Completed*
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 May 17 16:40 BST (UK) »
I am wondering if anyone can identify the people in this photo.  Janey Smith nee Holdsworth (Mother) is a member of my Holdworth line from the Idle/Pudsey/Bradford area.  She is pictured in this photo with her children James & Doreen, the baby.  I have living relatives who recognised Janey and grew up with her as part of the family when they were all children, but they do not know who Janey descended from and I can't find her on any census documents.

Baby Doreen was born around 1920 my relatives believe and James was 6 or 7 years older.  This is all I know!!!!  Any help gratefully received.

To all reading this post, I'd like to wish you all a happy new year!!

Well it took a very long time to solve this one, but in the end we got there!!!

My cousin was looking at a further pile of old photos and came up with one of this lady as an adolescent with her Mother, Father and 3 lovely Yorkshire terriers. I noticed that the lady looked identical to my Grandfather's brother and we worked out that we had a photo of my Gt Grandfathers sister, older than him by 10 years.  The illusive "Janey" was her daughter who was actually baptised Sarah Jane Slater!

Oh what a merry dance these ancestors lead us on!

Cheers
Jill
Holdsworth
Gill
Stead
Pawson
Holmes
Craven
Gaunt
Austin
Wells/Coultas
Hardisty
Grange
Wedgeworth/Knox

Offline Rossdal3

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The 3 Lions
    • View Profile
Re: Janey Smith nee Holdsworth (photo ID) *Completed*
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 September 19 17:06 BST (UK) »
I am wondering if anyone can identify the people in this photo.  Janey Smith nee Holdsworth (Mother) is a member of my Holdworth line from the Idle/Pudsey/Bradford area.  She is pictured in this photo with her children James & Doreen, the baby.  I have living relatives who recognised Janey and grew up with her as part of the family when they were all children, but they do not know who Janey descended from and I can't find her on any census documents.

Baby Doreen was born around 1920 my relatives believe and James was 6 or 7 years older.  This is all I know!!!!  Any help gratefully received.]

It is now 7 September 2019 and I can report that this lovely family are now identified.  The Mother is Sarah Jane Slater, the daughter of Mary Ann Holdsworth and her children are James Smith who it appears may have been killed as a young man in WW2 and his baby sister is Mary Doreen Smith. Patience and tenacity is rewarded it seems.

Another photo of the Sarah Jane was found recently and she is posing with her parents and Yorkshire terriers.  I now wish I could find some more information about the rest of my Holdsworth family 😉

Holdsworth
Gill
Stead
Pawson
Holmes
Craven
Gaunt
Austin
Wells/Coultas
Hardisty
Grange
Wedgeworth/Knox