Author Topic: Green family of Bedfordshire  (Read 27596 times)

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Green family of Bedfordshire
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 01 May 05 00:16 BST (UK) »
Hi to Criggy :)

I've been to the society of genealogists fair in London today, totally shattered, but after asking a few opinions have decided the only way forward (or back in my case) is to maybe try to get something on Samuel Green (other Green family in Clifton). As the ages of the family are so similar there is the possibility of George being his brother or cousin. As Samuel seemed quite well off I wondered about a will.

Can't find anything online. If you could possibly help me again could you see if there are any will indexes and check for me, I have him on 1861 census so after that.

Will have a look 1871 onwards to see when he disappears first.

In 1851 Samuel says he was born Southill and in 1861 Stanford. I wondered whether it might be worth checking Stanford to see if he is indeed in the registers there or maybe my George.

Hope you don't mind me resurrecting this again but really am getting nowhere.

Will update this when I check the other census.

Thanks very much

Diane :)
Stevenson,Seabrook,Gravestock,Lee - Cambs. Geden and varients -  Warks. Oxf. Green- Beds and London. Foster, Little - Essex. Sheldrick - Surrey and London? Smith - Bucks. Coulling - Oxf.

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 01 May 05 12:02 BST (UK) »
Had a look on the 1871 and I can't find Samuel there. So hopefully any will would be between 1861/71 unless they have disappeared.

Found a bit on Beds site last night relating to the Arch's and Lucy Green who seems to be a cousin. Can't yet work out whether it was samuel who was the cousin and has died and Lucy who was next in line for the will.

It's 7 pages to read through and digest :)

Cheers Diane :)
Stevenson,Seabrook,Gravestock,Lee - Cambs. Geden and varients -  Warks. Oxf. Green- Beds and London. Foster, Little - Essex. Sheldrick - Surrey and London? Smith - Bucks. Coulling - Oxf.

Offline criggy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 01 May 05 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane

Sorry to hear you haven't got any further.

There are lots of new members on RootsChat since you first started this thread so it might be worth a fresh post. There may be someone out there who lives in Bedford and who would be willing to visit the Record/Archives Office for you.

If you don't have any luck I'll perhaps combine a shopping trip with a visit myself later in the year.

Regards

criggy
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching London: Crisp, Leahy, Lumley. Berks: Billington, Leahy, Newbury, Yorks: Naylor, Smith, Thackwray, Wilkinson, Lancs: Smith. Leics: Everitt, Marshall, Purcell, Lincs: Bullivant, Everitt, Johnson, Sargeant, Ward. Gloucs: Chard, Coopey, Cowley, Croome, May, Millman, Organ, Savage, Shearman. Ireland: Leahy (Killarny, Kilkenny, Kerry, Cork)

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 01 May 05 15:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks anyway Criggy.

Cheers Diane

Offline MRGREEN

• RootsChat Extra
  • From the WILLIAM GREEN & LETITIA WARING line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 09 January 06 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know of a 1784 BIRTH RECORD for a WILLIAM GREEN?   Although he lived in County Down (N.I.), he married a member of the  prominent WARING family from England, and could possibly have came from England himself.   No birth record for him has ever been found locally in N.I.
GREEN. Waringstown, Corcreeny, Magherana, Magheralin, Aghalee, Aghagallon, Crumlin, Seagoe, Lurgan, (Northern Ireland).

WARING. Waringstown House, Co. Down (Northern Ireland).

GREEN. Toowoomba, Maryborough, Gladstone, Pittsworth, Aubigny, Kilcoy, Toowong, Brisbane, Buddina (Queensland, Australia).

GREEN. (New South Wales, Northern Territory, & Western Australia).

Offline axecalibre

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 28 April 11 14:29 BST (UK) »
Wonder if you can help, am trying to find record of marriage George Green to Fanny - you earlier listed their children; births and christenings.  I enlists George Green was born 1785 but that would have made him only 18 years old when his first daughter was born in 1803. 

If possible would like to know as much as you can find out about George and Fanny, they moved down to Bridgwater where their family prospered but again cannot find a record of their deaths, must have been before 1841 Census. 

Thank you for your help

Dee
FOULIS, MOFFAT, Scotland, NZ, Canada
SPENCE-THOMAS, Forest of Dean, Wales, England
ADAIR, Dublin
MAGGS, BULL, Bristol, England, Ireland
ALLEN, London, Bristol
GREEN, Shefford, Beds, Somerset
DURRELL, Wivenhoe
BRIDGMAN, England

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 14:08 GMT (UK) »
This is a very old thread, and geniedi hasn't logged in for a couple of years, but I'll post this anyway.

Geniedi reckoned that Ann Kitchener was born in Ampthill c1800 (presumably the Ann Baptised on 5 Apr 1801, the daughter of James and Esther). I disagree!

In 1851 two of Ann's children were living in Arlesey with their uncle William Kitchener. William was 54, born Hinxworth, Herts. There's a baptism in Hinxworth on 14 May 1797 of William Kitchener son of John and Ann. William Kitchener was one of the witnesses at Ann Kitchener's first marriage in 1825 in Clifton, and William himself married in Clifton in 1821. So it's not unreasonable to assume that Ann and William were siblings.

But as William's parents were John and Ann I don't follow how Ann daughter of James and Esther could have been his sister. John and Ann in Hinxworth baptised three further children there, in 1801, 1804 and 1807 - but no Ann unfortunately.

So whilst I don't think Ann was the one from Ampthill, I can't prove, other than circumstantially, that she was the daughter of John and Ann in Hinxworth
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline Anne in OZ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 30 December 13 07:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have some of this Kitchener family in my tree.  I have my 5x's great grandparents William Stapleton (Flitton) and Esther or Hester Letton or Letten married 14th May 1756 Ampthill. They had 11 children all baptised at Flitton. Their daughter Esther baptised 27th August 1775 married James Kitchener in Ampthill, 20th January 1800, their daughter Ann was baptised 5th April 1801 St. Andrew Ampthill. My line is from William and Esther Stapleton's son William 1762.
SCOTLAND: Bothwell Hunter Cumming Forbes Deans McPhail Wyness Malcolm Cameron Harvey McQueenie McCall Morrison
ENGLAND: Bailey Beer Beere Mann Worker Wines Page Turner Vagg Grimwood Heaton Stanbridge Stapleton Thompson Pittard Chick Dummelow Brown Dimmitt
IRELAND:Corkery O'Connor Reid McFadzen McFadden Oates McQueenie

Offline charlie.green

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 21 March 16 22:10 GMT (UK) »
My Greens came from Bedfordshire then moved to Warwickshire
Green,Matthews,Drakeley,Lord,Measures,Taylor,Wilson,Else,Elverson,Bucknall,Swift,Patrick,Bruce,Bates,Beeby,Brown,Reed,