Author Topic: Baptism North Creak, Norfolk or marriage elsewhere  (Read 884 times)

Offline Quester

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Baptism North Creak, Norfolk or marriage elsewhere
« on: Monday 03 January 05 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello  :),
My ancestor Henry Mitchell had a wife named Susan who was born at North Creak, Norfolk c.1796. They had five children all baptized in Norwich, ( the first two in Timberhill, Norwich, the other's St. Paul's Norwich. I have not been able to find a marriage for them in Norfolk and I cannot find Susan's baptism because I do not know her surname.  :'(
Any ideas where to go next  would be gratefully received or if anyone can find the marriage that would be fantastic! Thanks, from Quester

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism North Creak, Norfolk or marriage elsewhere
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 January 05 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Quester

I have a number of Norfolk resources unfortunately very few for quite that far back - they are no mentioned on my marriages CD for Norfolk - Have you tried looking for a baptism or birth  record for one of the children that may give the maiden name of the mother.

Sorry I was unable to find the marriage

Teresa

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 January 05 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Quester

Have you searched the baptisms register for North Creake c1796 and a few years either side making a note of any/all SUSANs baptised there.  Failing all else, it might be a good idea to note them and attempt a process of elimination.  :-\

Best wishes

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Quester

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 January 05 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for your advice. I shall try looking for the  baptisms of the children, for Susan's maiden name, I have got the first two, but not the St.Pauls, I will also look at the North Creak registers for all the Susan's.
Thanks again, Happy New year from Quester. :)