Author Topic: Denny Picture (Bingo)Hall  (Read 37330 times)

Offline Billy Anderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Denny Picture (Bingo)Hall
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 09 February 06 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann, I think the David Andersons grave stone you have photographed may be one of my relatives.My David Anderson was one of 11 children and at one point had a grocers shop with his brother James Anderson [Anderson public park Bonnybridge]He was married to Catherine Graham who died shortly after giving birth to their son Charles.Davids brother Alexander a baker is my Great grandfather their parents were William Anderson and Hellen Miller and they lived at East Borland. I have located James Andersons grave stone and also William and Hellens, and would be grateful if you come across any more Andersons in Denny  thanks,Billy.
Anderson=Glasgow, Denny,Bathgate,Kilsyth.
=USA  Alameda,New York,Boston,Illinois.
Binning= Bathgate
Miller=Kilsyth
Black, McIntyre=Ise of Lismore
Donald=Enzie
MacDonald=Denny.
Lymburner=Denny
Wright=West Lothian
Greenhorn= Blantyre,LKS.

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 09 February 06 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Billy,

Do you live locally then?

If so, you'll know that Denny Cemetery if quite large.

So far, I've found 182 Andersons all buried there and obviously that doesn't include the graves which are there, but have no stones.

Is there anyone in particular you're looking for? Let me know and I'll have a rake through what I've got.

Was this the stone you found?

Offline Billy Anderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 12 February 06 03:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anne, thank you for your reply and photograph, The David is the brother of my G-Great grandfather  Alexander another piece of the jigsaw in place thank you! thankyou! I do not have this photograph, the grave stones that i have found are William Anderson Lair B 311 and James Andersons of Myrtle Cottage Bonnybridge In 1902 When Willam and Helen celebrated their Diamond Wedding anniversary in was stated that the had 11 of a family all living, 80 grandchildren and 14 great grand children,so theres a lot more out there to find.                                                                                       The 11 children were                                                            John. b.1843.married to Marg. Fleming                                 Helen. b1845                                                                      David. b. 1847 married to Catherine Graham                                                                              William. b. 1849                                                                    James .b. 1852. married. Eliza Dunn and Elizabeth Todd Logan.                                                                                         Archibald. b.1855.                                                                   Robert main Anderson b. 1856                                                  Janet. b.1859.                                                                      Alexander b.1861 married Maggie miller Forsyth                    Margaret.b 1864 married William MacDonald [12 children]  Smith .b.1867 married Mary Anderson                                                                                 My branch of the Anderson Clan moved to Glasgow around 1886.  I lived in Glasgow untill moving to Melbourne in 03.                                                                                     Thanks again for the help in finding more of the Clan would be greatful if you come across any more Andersons, do you relate to any of the above names?   Billy.
Binning= Bathgate
Miller=Kilsyth
Donald=Enzie
MacDonald=Denny.
Lymburner=Denny
Wright=West Lothian
Greenhorn= Blantyre,LKS.

Offline apanderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 12 February 06 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Billy,

Give me a couple of days and I'll see if I can match up your names with any of the photos I've got. I don't have Lair Numbers for any of them though.

Could you PM me with your personal e-mail address as it would be much easier to send on info that way rather than post it on here.

Anne.

P.S. I'm not related to Stirlingshire Andersons, just a co-incidence that I share the same surname!

Offline Billy Anderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 13 February 06 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anne, thanks for going to the trouble of sorting out the photos of the Denny Andersons there is no urgency just when and if you get a chance.I will be in Scotland for three weeks in July and it would be good to have a donder round Denny, tell me does the rabbits still out number the grave stones! you can e-mail me at (*) , thanks again Billy

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed, to avoid spamming and other abuses. Please use the PM system for exchanging personal data.
Binning= Bathgate
Miller=Kilsyth
Donald=Enzie
MacDonald=Denny.
Lymburner=Denny
Wright=West Lothian
Greenhorn= Blantyre,LKS.

Offline apanderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 13 February 06 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Billy,

Yes, the rabbits probably still do out-number the stones! It's a real haven for wildlife although when the new Denny High School is built at the back (in Herbertshire Playing Fields), I kinda hope that its not a haven for a new kind of wild life!

I'll PM you with my e-mail - Go to the very top of the page and you'll see "Welcome back - you have XX messages" just click on it and you will access any Private Messages.

Anne.

Offline Billy Anderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 24 February 06 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Nigel, I think your G- grandfather David Anderson and my G- Grandfather  Alexander Anderson were brothers There parents were William Anderson and Hellen Miller 11 children in total. David was in the grocery business with his brother James at one point then set up on his own. Davids wife was called Catherine Graham and died shortly after giving birth to there son Charles, do we have a connection, Billy Anderson
Binning= Bathgate
Miller=Kilsyth
Donald=Enzie
MacDonald=Denny.
Lymburner=Denny
Wright=West Lothian
Greenhorn= Blantyre,LKS.

Offline Keenan87

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 28 November 07 04:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Billy,

Yes, the rabbits probably still do out-number the stones! It's a real haven for wildlife although when the new Denny High School is built at the back (in Herbertshire Playing Fields), I kinda hope that its not a haven for a new kind of wild life!

I've got a funny feeling the cemetery will be ruined when they open the new school.

Offline Anderson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 28 November 07 08:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Billy
Yes we are related but I'm not Nigel who you sent the message too. I'm Anderson and I have sent you all our connections but still waiting for yours.
Regards
Anderson
Scotland - Stirlingshire area:
Anderson - Moffat - Comrie - Rankin - Reid - Sneddon-Snaddon

Scotland - Renfrewshire - Thorn - Johnstone:
Speirs - Watson - Fillans - Logie

England - Leeds - Yorkshire:
Oddy - Littlewood

England - Sudbury - Suffolk
Hempstead - French - Newell - Healey - Cole - Andrews

England - Staplehurst - Kent
Alchin - Waters