Author Topic: CORNWELL from Bottisham  (Read 42564 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: CORNWELL from Bottisham
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 27 July 17 17:23 BST (UK) »
Identical relationship apparently to Jack Cornwell as my own. My maternal grandfather Samuel Ayres (bLode 1868 d Cambridge 1935) was the son of James Ayres and Emily Cornwell (1850-1941). For some obscure reason I am unable to open myLegacy program at present, so the information I have to memory is limited, in that I cannot check Emily's parents, but I am aware that the Ayres and Cornwell families intermarried for many generations. One thing that does intrigue me about Jack, which I have not yet resolved is where does the Travers come from? Perhaps you can help.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jowasere

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Thursday 27 July 17 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi redroger, thanks for reply. I recently found some cornwell relatives via facebook and we have exchanged family trees to confirm. One of them was named after John Travers so I will ask him if he knows about the name, they also have Ayes(sorry if spelt wrong) in their relatives connections. If you are interested in connecting with me on facebook, drop me a note. If I get any answers about Travers origin I will come back to you on here.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jowasere

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Thursday 27 July 17 19:16 BST (UK) »
hi redroger. I think I found your granddad on my tree on ancestry. if its correct your nxt relatives going back from what you gave me before are Samuel Cornwell1829 and Elizabeth Harvey, then further back Robert cornwell and Hannah Ayres

Offline skaramoosh

• RootsChat Extra
  • John Travers Cornwell VC (My 1st Cousin 2xremoved)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Thursday 27 July 17 21:17 BST (UK) »
Hi jowasere

Your Samuel Cornwell b.1829 was my Great Great Grandfather,one of his sons was Absalom (Benny) Cornwell uncle to John Travers Cornwell.
Carter,Cornwell,Smith,Palmer,Phibben,Bottisham Lode,Baldock,Cambridgeshire,Fulbourn,Merthyr Tydfil,Abercwmboi,Aberdare,Soham,Suffolk,Steeple Morden,Guilden Morden,Cambridge,South Cadbury,Castle Camps,The Fens.