Author Topic: MINNIS of C19th Clonakilty  (Read 1494 times)

Offline The Geneal Geologist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
MINNIS of C19th Clonakilty
« on: Sunday 06 January 08 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Looking to share info on this family.

regards,
Mark

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: MINNIS of C19th Clonakilty
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 January 08 17:02 GMT (UK) »
 Hi and welcome to Rootschat

We always need full details of the family you are researching to be included in the content of your message are there can be many others with the same surname in the same location.

This helps readers to determine if there is any connection to their own research without having to refer to your website

If you have missing information and need our help – please include full details in your message
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 March 17 09:25 GMT (UK) »
I am reviewing my old posts and came across this one.
MINNIS is an occasional variant in West Cork for the name of MENNIS. Clonakilty had some family members, but the story starts from elsewhere in West Cork.
In 2017 I published my local One-Name study into the family in West Cork and am pleased to share this link with anyone similarly interested:
http://creativegraces.net/genindex/mennis.html
It is a small group with good local interest.
The original roots are suspected to be a MENNIS who migrated out of the Ulster families. A letter describing the history is published on the site. The only way this is likely to be proven is if there is a genetic match between anyone in the Ulster families and a volunteer from the present day family.

Hope this helps someone. I am available for Q's.
Best wishes,
Mark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 December 17 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Following my wife's atDNA test, we now have multiple proven DNA connections in support of the synopsis provided at the location given in my previous post on this subject.