Author Topic: Robert Carlos Hardy  (Read 17196 times)

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Carlos Hardy
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 01 January 15 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Eveline, it is a pity that Jenny was last on rootschat  in August 2008. She has only made the one post :(
Regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Eveline A Clarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 02 January 15 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, I thought it was worth a try
Eveline 

Offline jennyferh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 02 January 15 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi this is to Eveline.
Wow what a lot to catch up on. I had a notification about your post today.

Now I will have to go back to my tree to see where your man fits in.

Now I have got another tree The Belling Family Tree, which is by lacrosseny and it has got robert Carlos hardy on it. If that is you Eveline then we can communicate via ancestry.
The tree has the wife and child of Robert Carlos on it.
If he was the son of Robert Henry Hardy then that wasn't known in the main body of the family.

If you are on ancestry then I can give you permission to see my tree as its a closed one.

There are also children for the daughter of Robert Carlos shown on the tree. She was Gladys Hermina Hardy born in Trinidad and Tobago 24 February 1898. She married Edward Emanuel Pinheiro.  The tree shows four children so there are probably descendants living today in the US.

Henry Harmer Ceriol Hardy had an interesting life. I have written all about it in my Hardy history - which I call The Hardy Compilation. He had three wives and three children by a lover.

At the moment I am writing about the other branches of the families in Barbados. They were connected to some really interesting people.

I have discovered that Camilla (the wife of Prince Charles ) and I have a common ancestor called Thomas Maxwell who lived in Barbados. Its amazing what you can discover through investigating the family history.

I have all the details you need about Robert Henry Hardy and his wife Lilie Deane Tanner. I have researched the family back to La Rochelle, France in the 1600s. There is also a large branch in America, mostly in Louisiana.

So if you can get online onto ancestry then you can see my tree and also leave your address there and I could tell you more. I think you can leave your email there.

That's all for now.

Jenny

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 02 January 15 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Jenny...the system works...welcome back online to RC  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Eveline A Clarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 03 January 15 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jenny

Lovely to know that you read my message, I was very dubious after all that time.

Unfortunately I have let my subscription to Ancestry.co.uk lapse, but I am still on there as a free member and I know that I can view other trees if the owner gives permission for me to do so.   My husband's cousin Margaret has allowed me to view her tree as have other members of the family.
I think I said I was researching on behalf of a cousin Mary and she is extremely interested in the Hardy family, she mentioned something about a tree on ancestry, I wonder if that was yours.

The tree you speak of is for Robert Carlos Hardy and his wife Ellen Pinheiro with their only daughter Gladys.

If you look at Robert in the 1830 census, you will see he is living with 'wife' Mildred and children Hope, Carlton, Robert, Rosa, Mary and Stanley.    I have not been able to find the marriage to Mildred, hence in inverted commas.   I know Robert died c 1933 and that Mildred came back to England at that time.    Mildred was born Mildred Bartlett, daughter of George Bartlett, George was the son of George Bartlett and Harriett Bennett.  It is the Bennett family I am related to.

I have details of Robert Carlos's war record and I know he went back and forth between Trinidad and Ellis Island.   I also have his Ellis Island record from when he left England after WW1.   

I know a little about Robert Henry such as he was at school at Uppingham and a lieutenant in the Hussars and was promoted to Captain in 1884.    I also know his father was Peruvian consul in Barbados.     I would love to know more about the family as I am putting this together on a family tree and then printing it out for the other Bennett clan.

What is really bugging us, is the fact that we cannot find a death for Robert, or for his son Stanley and daughter Mary, they must have died in the USA as they did not come back home with Mildred.  That would have had to be late 1932 or very early 1933 as Mildred arrived back in London in April 1933.   

I would love to know more about the French connection and as I said, I can give you loads of details about the Bartlett/Bennetts.

I am on Genes Reunited as well.   If I put Robert Carlos on there - haven't so far, we might be able to get in touch that way.

Eveline

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 03 January 15 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eveline

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=63695

The above link will get you through to Jenny's Personal Message service (PMs). This will let you exchange personal info, such as your own emails etc.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Eveline A Clarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 03 January 15 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Monica   I have just tried that and sent my address.   Very Kind of you.

Eveline

Offline Lacrosseny

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 09 September 16 18:15 BST (UK) »
Hello, this message is for jenny if she still monitors this board.

You mentioned lacrosseny and the Belling Family tree in connection to Robert Hardy.  That tree on ancestry is mine.

I am a direct descendent of Robert and Ellen Hardy.  They were my great great grandparents.

I'd love to be able to review your tree on ancestry and learn more about the past history of Robert H Hardy and beyond!!

I have connected with Eveline and we have been able to share some wonderful information!!