Author Topic: hughes and falloon families  (Read 8037 times)

Offline anne jane

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
hughes and falloon families
« on: Sunday 28 March 04 22:21 BST (UK) »
looking for others researching Patrick and Sarah Falloon/Fallon and John and Anne Hughes who lived in Glengarnock Ayrshire

Both families came from Ireland to Ayrshire, the Falloons from Co Donegal the Hughes from Co Armagh

Janie McAreavey
meehan, hughes, falloon, mctague, connelly, clark, kazlaukas,johnstone, mcguigan, fenton, mcneil,shaw, thomson

Offline CC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:hughes and falloon families
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 April 04 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne Jane
I have 2 families of Falloon/Fallon/Filoon/Faloon in my family. One is Eilinor Killen married Joseph Falloon in Doagh, Ireland in 1855 then I have Sarah Filoon who married John Adams(on) in County Down Ireland. Sarah and John came to New Monkland, Lanarkshire before 1845. I had a quick look at the 1881 census and found one Patrick married to a Sarah born Ireland living in Rutherglen.
Cheers
Carol

Offline anne jane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 April 04 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

Many thanks for your e-mail.  My Falloon family remained in Ayrshire as far as I know and Sarah Falloon is on the 1881 census as living with the Hughes family in Glengarnock.  
It was also great to see another spelling of the name Falloon

I am in touch with someone else who is researching the Falloon family from the Coatbridge area I will e-mail her to see if she would like to get in touch with you

Janie
meehan, hughes, falloon, mctague, connelly, clark, kazlaukas,johnstone, mcguigan, fenton, mcneil,shaw, thomson

Offline CC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 April 04 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Janie

It would be great to be in touch with more Falloons. Its not a common name no matter what the spelling. On John Adamson and Sarahs daughter Jemima death cert has her mother(Sarah) name spelt Phlune.
Cheers
Carol

Offline anne jane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 April 04 18:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

I forgot to ask you where you are?  I stay in Glasgow and if you need any look ups please feel free to ask me.

I tried to find Patrick and Sarah Falloons death certificates on Scotlands people with no success. It will mean a trip to the LDS centre to try and trace them on the death entries so I will just have to be patient as the centre is now closed for the Easter holidays.
I am very new to this list so I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how I could send you my e-mail address .  

Janie

Offline CC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 April 04 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Janie

I live in Ontario, Canada. I'll send you a private message.

Offline Byways

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • My genealogy research is within the United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 April 04 11:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

I,m not sure if I have the right one of you as I am already in contact with Jannie.  My falloons were Matthew & Sarah nee Hayes and family Arthur, Sarah, Mary (my gr grandmother and Elizabeth they went to Scotland from Ireland about 1845 and lived in New Monkland the men working in the Iron Works.

Margaret
Winchester, Gough, Falloon, Evans,Jones,Hayes, Le Santo, Santo, Spencer, Mansell & Jackman

Offline CC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 04 April 04 18:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret

My grgrgrgrandfather William Killin married Janet Duncan in Ireland their daughter Elinor married Joseph Faloon in 1855 Ireland they had 6 children between 1856 & 1877 all born in Ireland still havn't found anything on Joseph. The other is Sarah Filoon married John Adams(on) in the 1830"s Ireland then came to New Monkland between 1839-1845 all I've able to find out is that John was a miner and Sarah died in 1858 Clarkston. John and Sarah had Jane born 1839 Ireland, Mary born 1845 New Monkland and Jemima born 1849 New Monkland, I think Jane went on to marry Arthur Kennedy, Jemima married George Dunlop. I think their is also sons John and Thomas but havn't been able to verify as yet. I have been in contact with Janie what fun!
Cheers
Carol

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 04 April 04 18:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I don't recognise a direct connection to your Fallons but I have Fallon/Fallen in Troqueer Kirkcudbright in the 1840s and Annan, Dumfrieshire from 1861 onwards.

I've found that the wedding (1867) and death (between 1923 & 1950) of Michael Fallon are not on Scotlandspeople.  Michael was born to Bridget and Thomas who were both born in Ireland.  I thought it may have something to do with Michael being Catholic?  His many children and wife Helen Scott however were not catholic - it's all been very confusing that's for sure.

;D
Pam
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!