Author Topic: 1903 Marriage of Patrick Madden & Mary Ann (Molly?) Ann Garvey  (Read 5524 times)

Offline Christine52

• RootsChat Extra
  • Mary Ann Garvey Madden abt. 1905
    • View Profile
1903 Marriage of Patrick Madden & Mary Ann (Molly?) Ann Garvey
« on: Wednesday 23 January 08 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Please can anyone look up this marriage?  Patrick Madden was a constable in RIC.  He married in 1903 and, since he served in Belfast from 1896 - 1907, marriage to Mary Ann (Molly?) Garvey must have taken place in Belfast.  According to street directory of 1907, he lived at 103 Dover Street.   These two were my grandparents.

My g-grandparents also lived in Belfast (they were natives of Co. Louth).  Their names were Michael and Bridget Garvey and they lived at 12 Crocus Street according to the 1907 street directory and also per the 1911 census.

I cannot find anything on my grandfather Patrick Madden other than his RIC service record.  I'm hoping that his marriage record will indicate something about where he was born in Ireland so that I can begin research on the Madden family.

Thanks so much to any of you who might point me in the right direction.  If it helps at all, all of the above were Roman Catholics.
Michael Garvey (a butcher by trade) m. Bridget Sharkey both natives of Co. Louth.
Patrick Madden m. Mary Garvey, (He was a constable in RIC, joined in Galway and served in Belfast, Sligo, Fermanaugh and Tyrone.  She was daughter of Michael and Bridget Garvey)

Offline OTTO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1903 Marriage of Patrick Madden & Mary Ann (Molly?) Ann Garvey
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 January 08 07:58 GMT (UK) »
Their marriages details are available at  : www.emeraldancestors.com

For a small fee you can obtain all details of their marriage certificate.

OTTO

Offline Christine52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 January 08 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Otto.  I did look at the site you noted -  I'll look at the site again more thoroughly later to see if they have a snail mail address--hate to use credit cards over internet.  But, wow, it does look like they have my grandparents.

Thanks again - I'm looking forward to finding that certificate !
Michael Garvey (a butcher by trade) m. Bridget Sharkey both natives of Co. Louth.
Patrick Madden m. Mary Garvey, (He was a constable in RIC, joined in Galway and served in Belfast, Sligo, Fermanaugh and Tyrone.  She was daughter of Michael and Bridget Garvey)

Offline OTTO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 January 08 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Record Type Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage 10 Feb 1903
Groom Name patrick MADDEN
Bride Name mary ann GARVEY
Church Belfast Roman Catholic Church
Parish Belfast Urban 6
Civil District Belfast
County Antrim

Full details cost £12

OTTO

Offline Christine52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Completed - Re: 1903 Marriage of Patrick Madden & Mary Ann (Molly?) Ann Garvey
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 January 08 04:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all of your help, Otto.  I'm going to order the certificate.

Christine

Offline Kerry Ann D

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 05 December 19 13:43 GMT (UK) »
Is this message still active?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 05 December 19 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat
Christine52 hasn't been on RootsChat since 2012 but if her email hasn't changed she will get notification of you post and will hopefully return.

In the meantime the Garvey/Madden marriage cert is now online free
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1903/10221/5720676.pdf

Offline Kerry Ann D

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 05 December 19 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.

Mary Ann Madden (Garvey) is also my Great Grandmother and was also responsible for raising my mother as my Grandmother passed away at 29 in a Dublin Hospital in 1932.  Her name was Mary Agnes Madden.

I am looking to find out where my Grandmother was buried.  She was living in Shinrone in County Offaly prior to her untimely death.  My own research has come up with nothing.

Maybe someone else may have some ideas where I can look as I would love to pay my respects to her.