Author Topic: Find me a picture of my Major-General  (Read 4432 times)

Offline Winedr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Find me a picture of my Major-General
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 October 15 21:30 BST (UK) »
Reading replies with interest.  Dad (another Bill)   knew  "Bill"  Liardet very well, he lived just outside Arundel.  Having to dredge the old memory banks maybe Burpham or Warningcamp, think he may have been  on the Council with Dad but maybe not. 

Small world!

Dear jettejjane !
Thank you for your note !
Yes, of course my dear Uncle Bill knew your father well ! Indeed !
I still have in memory the wonderful times spent in Warningcamp House, the parties on the lawn, sitting in the library, having tea served by Auntie joan in the green house, the beautiful gardens, Earnie Moore the gardner and Ronnie his assistant, preparing the beans to be sold in the kitchen...
Mrs Knight beeswaxing the dining room table...I spent quite a few summers in Arundel (Warningcamp), time flies...!
Your's sincerely,   Winedr

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 October 15 22:23 BST (UK) »
Dear jettejjane !
Thank you for your note !
Yes, of course my dear Uncle Bill knew your father well ! Indeed !
I still have in memory the wonderful times spent in Warningcamp House, the parties on the lawn, sitting in the library, having tea served by Auntie joan in the green house, the beautiful gardens, Earnie Moore the gardner and Ronnie his assistant, preparing the beans to be sold in the kitchen...
Mrs Knight beeswaxing the dining room table...I spent quite a few summers in Arundel (Warningcamp), time flies...!
Your's sincerely,   Winedr

Happy days. Yes the wonderful garden parties, who knows perhaps we met!

Good luck with the medal, hope you are able to bring it back to the family.

Jane
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline Windsor87

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rose of Ballivat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 March 17 21:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Bad news I'm afraid. Back in August 2014 I was fired from my job which led to panic selling of my collections.

To cut a long story short the KBE is now in Asia - Singapore I think.

It was done through ebay so I am 99% sure I have no contact for the buyer - but I will double check! To give you an idea it sold for £1,300.

Sorry again. But on the bright side I was able to keep up the mortgage repayments and was reappointed to my post in November 2015.
Strachan of Strichen/New Pitsligo - Connon of Turriff - Watt of Pennan - Noble of Broadsea -  Garden of Peterhead - Bryson of Ecclefechan