Author Topic: non conformists, Bridgnorth Shropshire  (Read 2162 times)

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
non conformists, Bridgnorth Shropshire
« on: Sunday 27 January 08 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Here are some of there records from Shropshire

Members of the Dissenting Congregation at Bridgnorth.

Mr. Robinson
Mrs. Robinson
Mr. Bache, Weyken
Mrs. Bache, Weyken
Mr. Bache, Park
Mrs. Bache, Park
Mr. Bache, baker, Bridgnorth.
Mrs. Bache, Bridgnorth.
Old William Falkonbridge, aged 82,  1772
His son William
Mr. Bourne
Mrs. Bourne
Mr. Bache, Junr., Park
Mrs. Bache
Mr. Bache, Junr., Swancott
Mrs. Bache
Mrs. Maurice
Mrs. Andrews, removed Manchester
Mr. Tom Bache, miller, admitted  Feb 1770
Miss Molly Bache, Weyken
Miss Robinson
Mr. Farr, shoemaker
Mrs. Williams
Mr. Francis Haslewood, Senr.
Old Jane
Mary Wiatt
Mr. Sam. Bache admitted a member  08 Mar 1772
Miss Betsy Bache, at the same time
Mrs. Clark, Bromley, do. removed Leicestershire, Asbey
Mrs. Sam. Bache, baker, was joined a member of the Church  14 Sep 1772
Mrs. Galpine joined the Church  15 Nov 1772
Mr. Clark, Bromley, was admitted member of the congregation  06 Mar 1774
 1784. Members Diss. Cong. at B'north. Men.
Messrs. John Bache, Swancott
Thomas Bache, Park
Sam. Bache, B'north
John Bourne, B'north
William Bourne, B'north
Wm. Falconbridge, B'north
Tom. Falconbridge, B'north
Thomas Griffiths, B'north
Joseph Bacon, Mose
Thomas Bott, Mose
Women.
Mrs. Bache, B'north
Stedman, B'north
Bill, B'north
Bache, Park
Bache, Swancott
Mary Bache, Wyken
Mrs. Maurice, B'north
Mrs. Sam. Bache, B'north
Mrs. Jones, Harrington
Mrs. Bacon, Mose
Mrs. Bott, Mose
Mrs. Mary Robinson, B'north
Mrs. Rhodes, B'north
Miss Phillimore, B'north
Mrs. Falconbridge, B'north
Miss Willington, Park
Miss Patty Bourne, B'north
Molly Falconbridge
Mrs. Bourne
Total 29.

A Form of Admission into Church Fellowship.
This day ... I deliberately and chearfully enter myself a member of the Protestant Dissenting Congregation at Bridgnorth, and make a solemn Dedication of my whole self to God in Christ at the Lord's Table to Confirm my Baptismal Covenant and remember the Death of my Saviour, to be qualified for an interest in his merits and Mediation according to the Tenour of the Gospel; resolving by divine Grace to be an ornament to the Xtian profession and the Church I belong to.
Questions to be ask'd on this Occasion.
You give up yours: to God in a peculiar Manner. Will God accept the torn, the blind and the Lame? Surely no. 'Tis worth while at such a time deliberately to ask yourself: What am I? Let the Inquiry be strict, and serious; for a mistake here is fatal.
(1) Have you ever been inwardly Convinc'd of your lost Condition, a Child of Wrath even as others? Did you ever see yourself in a forlorn, helpless state without Christ?
(2) Was you ever deeply humbled before the Lord for your sins, your numberless actual Transgressions in heart and life? Hath sin been bitter to your soul; hath your heart been broken for it; hath your Sorrow been of the right kind; hath the sight of a broken Saviour, broken your heart?
(3) Have you sincerely closed with the Lord J. Xt. by a true and lively faith taken him to be yours; and resigned yours to him to be his? Have you accepted of Xt. upon Gospel Terms; a Prince to rule, and Saviour? Have you renounced all others? Is he precious to you, dearer than any thing in the world, etc.?
(4) Have you a real hatred of every sin in yo'self and others? Can you say with David, I hate every false way? Is it a burden to you? Do you long to be rid of it? Are your resolutions sincere and your endeavours serious against it, and all appearances of it, because it is against God?
[Bound in at end are some pp. of private, and meeting-house accounts, &c., evidently the treasurer's book, and in no way connected with the Registers

Hope these helps some folk searching Shropshire,

Pete :) :)
Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /