Author Topic: James William Kirchhoffer  (Read 4110 times)

Offline kirchhoffer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
James William Kirchhoffer
« on: Thursday 06 January 05 20:57 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help me in my search for details of the arrival in south africa from ireland of james william kirchhoffer - i know he was married in kimberley in 1889 - thanks

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: James William Kirchhoffer
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 January 05 04:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
Below are the entries from the National Archives - they are the refernce numbers for documents held in the archives
 MSCE   879/1963  ANDERSON, WILLIAM. BORN IN SOUTH AFRICA. SSP CONSTANCE MARY ANDERSON born Kirchhoffer 1955 1964 probably a daughter
 URU  225  120  CONFIRMATION OF THE PROBATIONARY APPOINTMENT OF WJT PARKER AND CM  1915 1915
 RAD  134  3344  CLAIM FOR COMPENSATION (WITWATERSRAND AREA) JAMES WILLLIAM  1903 1903 possibly compensation for Boer war losses
 MHG  0  134/45  KIRCHHOFFER, ELIZA MARY.  1944 1944 died 1944 widowed spouse of James
 MHG  0  42005  KIRCHHOFFER, JAMES WILLIAM FAIRTLOUGH.  1919 1919
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
]James death notice see note below, in 191[/color]
 MHG  0  3776/52  KIRCHHOFFER, LORNA MARY. BORN BOLAND.  1952 1952 SURVIVING SPOUSE GERRARD AUGUSTINE WILLIAM KIRCHHOFFER another son?
 Death notices are amazing as they often list places of birth, marriages children parents residence etc. Death notices cost about R5.00 if I apply for them through the local Family History center and will often have a will attached - they also take a month or so to arrive. Will happily do that for you - R5.00 cost is minimal but if you are happy with the results give a donation to Rootschat!
Hope this helps - will carry on looking for you.
Ruth
Durban
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 January 05 06:32 GMT (UK) »
I have had a look at some of the many shipping lists available but cannot see anything at present - are you in South Africa or abroad?
Ruth
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kirchhoffer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 January 05 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info - I am living in Johannesburg, married to a Kirchhoffer which can be traced back to the Ireland family and I have established links with the canadian family as well

Offline kirchhoffer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 07 January 05 18:53 GMT (UK) »
...and please go ahead with the death notices - I will happily contribute - thanks