Author Topic: Scarrott family  (Read 74260 times)

Offline tiggi

• RootsChat Veteran
  • BETSEY SMITH/ WIFE OF NELSON BUCKLAND
    • View Profile
Re: Scarrott family
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 January 08 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone
Matilda can you contact me we have chatted before regarding Debs USA Penfolds have something for you about them and did you say you related to Smith family ?
I have been searching with help from Colleen in Australia she found interesting site about Scarrott family from a Mary wiltshire via Genes Reunited ( not able to access this myself)
looks promising that James Smith may have married a Elizabeth Scarrott b 1826 finstock Oxfordshire her father being William Scarrott b 1794 married a Jane Brice only other child listed was Rebecca b 1832
 Willliam Scarrott b 1765 married a Margaret Whitehorse b 1774 they had 9 children
their 1st son William Scarrott b 1894 was Elizabeth father
i still need to check all information out but as a relation has also said he was told about Elizabeth marrying james smith seems we maybe on right track
Hi smileyFace
Yes i have seen Glyn Hatherall postings on internet but think it maybe another family as he says they were Clock makers not travellers
Like most families we have variable spellings for surname and yes they all called kids same names really helpful lol
but hopefully we will find them eventually many thank everyone
TENETT BUCKLAND & PLATO BUCKLAND ( MY LINEAGE)
  Buckland Smith James Stanley Lovell Loveridge Lee Cooper Penfold/Pinfold Orchard Boswell Broadway Wells

AREAS OF INTEREST CORNWALL DEVON

USA   Worton Stanley Joles Cooper  Jeffrey Small
 all English lines of Roms who are found in America

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline matilda1973

• RootsChat Senior
  • nipton and his daughters Cinderella and amelia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 January 08 19:03 GMT (UK) »
just going back to work will pm you when i get in Matilda ;)
travellers: Penfold, Holland, Orchard, Loveridge, saunders, James, Davis<br />Somerset/devon: Hawkins, Lane, Perryman, Saffin, Bowden, Warren<br />Yorkshire/Lincolnshire: Webster, Gleadell, Gott, Patrick, Milnes, Beverley

Offline matilda1973

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 28 January 08 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Tiggi 
                    ive pm ed you .would love to no  what you have on penfolds
                                ;) Matilda
travellers: Penfold, Holland, Orchard, Loveridge, saunders, James, Davis<br />Somerset/devon: Hawkins, Lane, Perryman, Saffin, Bowden, Warren<br />Yorkshire/Lincolnshire: Webster, Gleadell, Gott, Patrick, Milnes, Beverley

Offline tiggi

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 28 January 08 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Matilda
I was told William  ( old Bob) Penfold ( no dates i am afraid) married a Defiance Smith they had William James Selina
William married Jenty Buckland James Married Sophia Buckland Selina married Joshua Buckland all children of Plato Buckland, there maybe a daughter Harriet who married Henry Buckland son of Tenet Brother to Plato

also Defiance was sister to James Smith they also had asister Louise who when Defiance died lived unmarried with Old Bob Penfold
now Tenet daughter Edith married a Wisdom Smith father was John Smith on marriage it lists a louise as witness and plato Buckland
I think that Defiance Louise John & james were all same family
Makes sense thats how children all met up don;t you think?
let me know what you think please

Buckland Smith James Stanley Lovell Loveridge Lee Cooper Penfold/Pinfold Orchard Boswell Broadway Wells

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 28 January 08 23:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello tiggi, The william scarrott margaret  whitehouse line of scarrotts are travellers - well they were all mostly earthenware dealers- william and margaret had mine and glyns 3x gt grandfather John Scarrott, and amongst others, William who married Jane Brice.  I wasnt aware that Elizabeth had married a James Smith as i am very interested in this, as John Scarrotts son Theophilus (my gt gt grandfather) married a Rhoda smith(born about 1847), father William Smith and ive never gone further back on the Smiths and this has given me a line to look at. Theophilus older brother Shadrach was with the Bucklands on one census (1851 i think) as you say James Smiths sister Defiances children marry Bucklands.  My Rhoda Smith/Scarrott becomes later a Brinkley having children with Valentine Brinkley and then later is with Christopher Smith (Rodney Gypsy Smiths uncle) and is a Smith again.Does anyone know the ancestry of James Smith and his sisters Defiance and Louise?      best wishes Elizabeth

Offline matilda1973

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 January 08 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Tiggi
               this is what i have Robert Penfold  married Fiance/Defiance Smith around 1854 they had Eliza, James, William . Fiance died 18/11/1863 in devon . robert then married/lived with her sister Louisa they had Thomas, betsy Harriet, Fiance, Rachel and Charlotte. louisa died sometime before 1891.
Robert was the son of John and Harriet Penfold nee James.
 i have Louisa and Fiance down as children of James smith and Eliza Scarrott/ Scarett (daughter of william and Margret ) other children were Selina William Harriet Betsy, Peggy and Britannia , dont know who James Smiths parents were. dont no if that helps at all Matilda ;)

Offline tiggi

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 29 January 08 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Smileyface & Matlida
 I am totally confused now lol
This is our problem we don;t know who James Smith married  can't find or confirm it with Census or documentation, although I have been told by a relation ( Orchard) that Elizabeth or Eliza Scarrott maybe his wife
now please correct me if I am wrong :
I have Scarrott line as  :

William b1765 m Margaret Whitehouse b1774 in 1793
they had 9 children   
1 William b 1794 m Jane Brice in 1826
 2 kids Elizabeth b 1826 Rebecca b 1832
2 John b 1796 m Sarah Dore b 1799 in 1818
 they had 11 children
3 Thomas b 1798 m Elizabeth Dore b 1803 in 1822
had 5 kids
4 James b 1800 m Hannah Cox b 1801 in 1822
had 11 kids
5 Ann b 1807 m John Loveridge in 1823
6 Maria b 1807 m Samuel Winter in 1828
7 Eliza b 1815 m William Dore b 1808 in 1830
8 Charles b 1816 m Hannah Turner b 1816 in 1833
9 Rebecca b 1817

I also have that William Scarrott I would think Senior remarried a Fanny Boseley in 1818 , but that confuses me as his wife Margaret died in 1831 ?
I note that last child born Rebbecca was in 1817 so did he then spilt from margaret and marry Fanny  in 1818?
Willaim & Fanny had 3 children Esau Eleanor Sophia
all this information I have found on internet via a Mary Wiltshire on Hounslow & Webber People it maybe Smileyface you should check it out as if its not correct you need to let them know as if i found it anyone can and get maybe wrong information
Look forward to your reply sandy

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 29 January 08 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Its William Jnr that marries twice, firstly Jane Brice, then Fanny Boseley.

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 29 January 08 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Also Eliza Scarrott dau of Wm and Mgt is on 1841 with her husband William Dore (also my ancestors), so she cant be the one with James Smith, so that Eliza Scarrott must be a different one. Blast! I was hoping that James Smith would lead me to my Rhoda Smith! I havent done anything on my Scarrotts for years so until i looked at my tree and census records i didnt realise Eliza Smith wasnt that Eliza Scarrott.