Author Topic: Locating a Grave in Huddersfield  (Read 29497 times)

Offline Vivixster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Locating a Grave in Huddersfield
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 23 March 17 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Susan

I'm new to this and was responding to the original post from Libby.

Thanks
Vicky

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 23 March 17 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Susan

Job's headstone is still there, was laid flat down for safety with the inscription face down - 9 years ago (2008) I found the grave from records of Lockwood cemetery for Libby.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline coxypops

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Hello relative!
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 07 December 17 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Libby,

I have just seen your post and it seems you are one of our relatives! My father is Geoffrey Cock (changed to Cox) and he still lives in Huddersfield, his great grandfather is also the Job Cock you are referring too (cabby Cock)!

Dad's friend has done some genealogy research and we have found the Cock tree back to 1707 and a photo of Job with his team which was interesting.

Dad's granddad was Job's son Joe. Please feel free to get in touch, would be brilliant to hear about you! my email is lisa_a_stringer@yahoo.co.uk

Best Wishes

Lisa

Offline libby9

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Monday 29 January 24 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa, not sure if you're still visiting Rootschat. My apologies for the time lapse in getting back to you. When I've got my head around my research I'll email you, thank you for your email address. I lost a lot of my research and am still in the process of collating it all again.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sunday 25 February 24 00:18 GMT (UK) »
For all Kirklees metro council cemeteries and cremation records are now held at the Huddersfield crematorium gate office Fixby Huudersfield, some records copies held at the local studies Library Huddersfield, some at The History centre Wakefield and York Heslington University library.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth