Author Topic: Broombank Tarland, Aboyne.  (Read 17878 times)

Offline Glenesk

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Broombank Tarland, Aboyne.
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 22 July 10 14:25 BST (UK) »
Dear Ellie,

I could not find out anything about Alexander for you nobody seems to know, i did find Maggies grave stone if you want a photo of it.

I had good luck with my grandad but he had moved away from aberdeenshire which is making it more difficult.

Sorry i have not been much help.

Best Wishes Glenesk

Offline ellie 24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 23 July 10 19:22 BST (UK) »
that's OK am very grateful that u try ed for me, thank you. am not having any luck with him either.
am glad u have found more on Ur grandad, if u need a hand give me a shout. I'll have to wait for the 1911 census for Alexander but there not available in Scotland till next march.

Offline Jenefer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 07 April 15 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi - my great uncle was Frank Glenesk, who died in 1972 in Wishaw - brother Charles Glenesk, sisters Isobel, Beth, Louie - I have a photo etc - are you still researching him?
Jenefer

Offline Maggie16

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 25 June 15 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi - my great uncle was Frank Glenesk, who died in 1972 in Wishaw - brother Charles Glenesk, sisters Isobel, Beth, Louie - I have a photo etc - are you still researching him?
Jenefer

Hi Jenefer,

I have just seen your message about my grandfather, Frank Ried Glenesk, if you have a photo of him i would love to see it as i have managed to get one when he was about mid to late 60 but it is the only one i have.

Many thanks,

Maggie

Offline Marly51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 14 November 15 04:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi SFA,
I'm not related to the Andersons that I know of but came across your posts tonight when I decided to google Alex Anderson, Pittentaggart, Tarland. This is the name I found on a tooled metal cigarette case that I bought from a garage sale in Alberta, Canada about 10 years ago. The date on it is 23rd Mar, 1914.
I Wonder if you (or anyone else) know if any of the Alex Andersons from your family came to Canada and perhaps owned this case?

Offline Maggie16

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

My Grandmother was born at Broombank Tarland, she had relations who emigrated to Canada, there is a web site you can look up https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.genealogy.surnames/tFgarq_iBV4  or (*)

I have had the John Gerraths Anderson Family Report some years now so the above may be out of date.

Good Luck

Maggie

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail and address removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Marly51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 29 November 15 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply Maggie16. I noticed that John Gerrath thanked an Alex Anderson for helping with the genealogy so will send John an email - obviously not the same Alex but he could be a grandson. I'd send the case to a descendant if s/he want it. It would be nice to reunite it with the family.
I've become quite fascinated as I've investigated. I never expected such a wealth of information when I googled the name & place on the case!!
Marly51