Author Topic: Broombank Tarland, Aboyne.  (Read 17872 times)

Offline Glenesk

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Broombank Tarland, Aboyne.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 May 10 12:01 BST (UK) »
Hello

My grandmother was Annie Anderson, born at Broombank Tarland she was born in 1884 and died in 1969,
her parents were George and Isabella Anderson. My mother was Isabella Glenesk Anderson born in 1912.
She had a half brothe Alexander (sandy)  he was a few years older than my mother. my brotherr in law has also found out that my mum had a older sister called mary ann iksabella dinnie anderson (her father was james dinnie) My mothers father was frank glenesk i would love to hear from  any one who can help me find anything about frank.

Regards Glenesk

Offline ellie 24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 May 10 13:35 BST (UK) »
hi, i just went and had a look for frank, and have come up with,Frank Reid Glenesk born 1890 in Aboyne.
i hope its the right one and that it helps, if it is him ur looking for i can get his parents names and his actual date of birth if u would like.

regards Ellie.

Offline Glenesk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 21 May 10 14:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Ellie

If you could let me have that information it would be great.  My mum was illegitimate and did not like talking about her dad so i don't know anything about him only his name and i believe his family might have owned a hotel locally.

We used to visit Annie on our visits up to scotland but i only found out she was my grandmother when i was about 16. She lived and worked at Waulkmill Farm somewhere in aberdeenshire.

Thankyou

Regards Glenesk

Offline ellie 24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 21 May 10 19:55 BST (UK) »
that wont be a problem i can get that information for u 2moro.

just a thought,my great grandad Alexander george Anderson was also illegitimate born 1899 to Maggie Anderson your grandmothers sister i think but i have Annie born in 1886 so not sure.Alexander was also living at Walkman farm Lumphanan when he married in 1932 i wonder if he was maybe living with Ur grandmother. he didn't live with his mother and she went off and married someone else.do you know anything about him?

Offline Glenesk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 21 May 10 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Ellie

I have just had some more information that my grandmother was Annie Elizabeth Thomson Collie Anderson  so i must be related to the other gentleman on this site very exiting!

I have been trying to remember i think we visited a Auntie Maggie also we visited a Aunty Isa spelling might be wrong she could be Isabella she was on a farm living with her daughter.  I am sorry i don't know anything about Alexander but if i do find out anything i will let you know.

Keep seaching best wishes Glenesk

Offline Glenesk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 21 May 10 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hello, sfa,

I think we are related, my grandmothers full name was Annie Elizabeth Thomson Collie Anderson (i only found this out tonight) she was a domestic servant at Waulkmill Farm, Lumphanan most of her life.  She had my mum on 21.06.1912 at 1, Adelphi, Aberdeen.  Her home address was Broombank Tarland.  She also had 2 other children Mary Ann Isabella Dinnie Anderson, by a James Dinnie, if you need any more information i can give you it.  Also a son also older than my  Mum ( we used to visit him and his family i am still in touch with his daughter) Uncle Sandy (Alexander) he died before my mum about 9 years ago he lived at Moneymusk.

I hope this helps you i am trying to find out about my mums dad who was a Frank Glenesk another person is kindly helping me out about this on this site but if you can help it would be appreciated.

Regards  Glenesk

Offline ellie 24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 22 May 10 11:27 BST (UK) »
hello. here's the information i found i hope it helps.

Frank Reid Glenesk, 14th November 1890 aboyne
mother:Lissie Glenesk nee Reid
Father: John Glenesk (farmer)
Who were married 11th December 1888 Lumphanan.

let me know if u need anything else.
reg Ellie.

Offline Glenesk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 22 May 10 12:03 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for that information, i will look into it.

I can remember when we visited Annie she lived in the farm house with what i thin k where the managers a Mr & Mrs Dunbar, i don't know if you can do any research on the farm to find anything out about your grandad.

Regards Glenesk

Offline BlessedBe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 22 May 10 21:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Glenesk,

Your quite correct we are related....how exciting..... My Grannie was Mary Anne Isabella Dinne ANDERSON, b. 21 Jan 1906 (illegitimate). Died 1983. Her father was James DINNIE & mother Annie Elizabeth Thomson Collie Anderson.

A photo of her tombstone is attached....she is buried in St Moluags Kirk Yard Tarland.

I would love to talk further with you....can you please PM (private message) me & we can chat further in private.

Really look forward to your reply .......I have lots of info re her ancestry......& Rgds SFA.