Author Topic: Wereham Parish Registers Completed  (Read 3651 times)

Offline densavage

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Wereham Parish Registers Completed
« on: Sunday 10 February 08 05:21 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone access to the Wereham Parish Registers around the 1800's ? A family with the surname Vince were living in that parish around that time.  I have an Amos born c 1800 which another Vince researcher has his father as Phillip, now I  have just found Amos on the net with a father as Allen born c 1771. This researcher has 11 children all allocated to Allen with one born c 1781, must be an error? the remainder ranging from 1791 to 1816 I would like to find the correct parents names. Living in Australia means I mainly have to rely on the LDS records but unfortunately in this instance the Wereham registers have not been filmed post 1753
Piercy Nfk .Buck Nfk. Vince Nfk. Meachen Nfk. Fuller Nfk. Green Swannington Nfk. Seaman Yaxham Nfk  Savage Sur/ Ham. Homan Cor/Ham. Higgins Gal/Ham. Knott  Thame Oxf. Maynard Great Haseley Oxf. Lewis Henley in Arden War.Woodhams Ken/Sus.Sargent Hastings. Waters Hastings.Evernden Hastings. Savery Hastings,
Colgan Gal. Keenan  Millisle & Belfast. Kane Dow. Mcaleese Belfast. Fitzpatrick Kik.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline EileenI

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Beatrice Ann Maud Burton 1890-1972 Hevingham
    • View Profile
Re: Wereham Parish Registers
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 February 08 09:17 GMT (UK) »

FreeREG has a Amos Vince born 8 July 1798 parents Philip and Susannah

http://freereg.rootsweb.com/cgi/SearchResults.pl?RecordType=Baptisms&RecordID=1772050

Eileen
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"<br />From the village of HEVINGHAM Norfolk- Burton, Kemp, Sparks, Medler, Gibson, Palmer, Willimott, Allen, Abbs.<br />NORWICH- Iverson, Harvey, Cowling, Cork, Crowe, Curtis, Fisher, Fountain. NORFOLK, Abel, Chapman, Postle, Skeet, Woods.

Offline densavage

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wereham Parish Registers
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 February 08 01:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Eileen, another door closed, Whilst this information does not directly tie up this tribe of Vince's with mine it does make one "could be" connection, Phillip's wife Susannah's maiden name was Crisp born c1770 at Brandon, an Amos Crisp born c1765 also at Brandon married an Elizabeth Vince the grand daughter of my 5x great grandparents, Amos and Susannah brother and sister? and Amos Vince named after his uncle? The door that has opened. is where were you born Phillip?
Dennis
Piercy Nfk .Buck Nfk. Vince Nfk. Meachen Nfk. Fuller Nfk. Green Swannington Nfk. Seaman Yaxham Nfk  Savage Sur/ Ham. Homan Cor/Ham. Higgins Gal/Ham. Knott  Thame Oxf. Maynard Great Haseley Oxf. Lewis Henley in Arden War.Woodhams Ken/Sus.Sargent Hastings. Waters Hastings.Evernden Hastings. Savery Hastings,
Colgan Gal. Keenan  Millisle & Belfast. Kane Dow. Mcaleese Belfast. Fitzpatrick Kik.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MaltbyNewBrunswick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wereham Parish Registers Completed
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 15:18 BST (UK) »
Is this Dennis Savage?  We have spoken before ... I believe about the Haylett family of Great Yarmouth.  I am a descendant of Rebecca Vince, daughter of Amos Vince and Frances Farmer.

Rebecca was baptised on 7 Jul 1835 at St Margaret's in Wereham; she died on 27 May 1866 in Wereham and was buried on 30 May 1866 at St Margaret's.

Rebecca was the first wife of Henry Holdgate (1836, Kings Lynn-1923, Wereham), married in 1857 in Wereham.  They had 3 children:

1. Horace Henry Holdgate (1858-1908) - my great grandfather  (his descendants landed up in Montreal, Canada)
2. Fanny Elizabeth Holdgate (1860-1862, Wereham)
3. Louisa Holdgate (1863-1863, Wereham)

Rebecca's maternal grandmother was Lydia Seaman (1773, Shernborne, Norfolk-1809, Stanhoe), a surname I see you're interested in; she married John Farmer (1777-1804), on 13 Oct 1800 at St Peter & St Paul Church in Shernborne.

Amos Vince's parents were Phillip Vince and Susannah/Susan Crisp.

Thanks for the additional information on the Vinces.

Regards,
Heather Holdgate
Whitby ON Canada