Author Topic: 1891 Lookup Request Please  (Read 5182 times)

Offline adam_in_SW_Middx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 Lookup Request Please
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 21 February 08 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Yes the birth certificate says
Reg dist: Brentford 
1867 Birth in the sub-district of Isleworth in the County of Middlesex

No 344 
When & where born 22Mar 1867 Union Workhouse Isleworth
-  father is blank
Name, surname and maiden surname of mother:  Ann Lock
neatly in the top left corner:   x
the mark of Ann Lock mother Union Workhouse Isleworth
When registered: 3 April 1867
Signature of Registrar: Saml J n Mortimer Registrar
Chambers of Newmarket/E. Camb.s, Wrenn, Elphick & Culpep(p)er of E. Suss., Buxton of Essex, Tucker of Appledore, Dobbs of Bideford, Morgan of Laugharne, Cordell of Hertfordshire, Gooch & Rix & Tuthill & maybe de Bohun of S. Norfolk etc ;-) Small, Acome, Johnson Bavin, Catlin, Sansom, Pitkin of W. Herts/Bucks, Churchman of Ned. then Hamps/Berks, Gayler of Shoreditch, Barnes of Chertsey/Staines, Goldsmith of Westm/Sussex, Lock of Limpsfield, Found & Gowman of Morwenstow

Online Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 21 February 08 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that extra information Chris. Unfortunately it has not helped me to locate Ann in 1861.

Ann is really a mystery.  To summarise
We have no birth reg
We have her only in the 1881 census
We have her name on her illegitimate daughter's birth certificate
We have found no death or marriage for her

You said in an earlier post that you have Ann on the 1871 census - can you give me the reference as I cannot find her.

Barbara
Joy, Larkin, Twort, Baker, Whibley - Brenchley and Horsmonden area Kent
Fewell and Speller - Essex and London
Headington and Bateman - London
Feltwell - Norfolk and London
Lewin - India and NZ
Evan-Thomas - Wales and London
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline adam_in_SW_Middx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 25 February 08 13:12 GMT (UK) »
I have an address from my mother when she looked up the 1871 census, could you check it, it says the Drummonds were living with Ann at 42 Ebury Bldgs, Westminster.
Chambers of Newmarket/E. Camb.s, Wrenn, Elphick & Culpep(p)er of E. Suss., Buxton of Essex, Tucker of Appledore, Dobbs of Bideford, Morgan of Laugharne, Cordell of Hertfordshire, Gooch & Rix & Tuthill & maybe de Bohun of S. Norfolk etc ;-) Small, Acome, Johnson Bavin, Catlin, Sansom, Pitkin of W. Herts/Bucks, Churchman of Ned. then Hamps/Berks, Gayler of Shoreditch, Barnes of Chertsey/Staines, Goldsmith of Westm/Sussex, Lock of Limpsfield, Found & Gowman of Morwenstow

Offline adam_in_SW_Middx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 19 May 18 17:16 BST (UK) »
The above was wrong. Thanks Barbara for your great help. I have found her, Victoria Ann Lock at times see below:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=263508.msg6501653#msg6501653